Air comditioning

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kdlevy

My Bobcat T300 AC is not
Working. There are no leaks and recently pulled a vacuum and refilled the
Refrigerant. The compressor does not appear to turn on. Any ideas

brdgbldr

Could be a bad clutch on the compressor or just a bad electrical connection or switch.

When you look at the pulley on the compressor you should be able to tell if the clutch has engaged or not. Hard to explain what you are looking for other then when it is not engaged it looks like something is loose on the face of the pulley, The pulley will be turning faster then the face plate.

If the clutch is engaging, then it could be something as simple as your cab filters are clogged up.

Here is a video of a different model and how the clogged filters can be the issue.

brdgbldr

I would look at the electrical side first. Hopefully you'll find the problem there. Otherwise you may need to replace the compressor.

Make sure all of the wire connections are clean. I just had a bad connection that just needed to be cleaned. Unplugged and plugged it back in several times with nothing. But cleaned it and it started working.

mchild

My Bobcat T300 AC is not
Working. There are no leaks and recently pulled a vacuum and refilled the
Refrigerant. The compressor does not appear to turn on. Any ideas

Back probe the electrical connection at the compressor to confirm you have 12 volts there when the A/C system is turned on. If there is voltage and the center part of the compressor hub is not rotating then the clutch is faulty. If there is no current at the connector then test at the switch in the cab. If there is power on both sides of that switch when it is turned on then check the wiring for damage between the switch and the compressor .

Also, in addition to the air filter being clogged, the heat coil and A/C evaporator can be clogged with dirt - and it does not take a lot to make the A/C non-functional. Properly cleaned and otherwise properly functioning A/C the cab should get plenty cool even on a mid-90's day here on the humid east coast of the US.