Adding case drain to 773

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Schifference

I want to add a case drain to my 773G.
Has anybody done this? Looking for easiest and cheapest way to do this.
I haven't scrutinized the hydraulics schematics but I was curious if there is a lot of pressure in case drain line. Is it possible to just tap into a drain line with a "T" and replace the drain and have the drain tie into that?
All input appreciated. Thanks!

Chris 8603

What are you calling a drain on your machine, I'm not familiar with those schematics either. There's not alot of pressure on a case drain. It's just a excess pressure relief when you turn off a hydraulic motor and leak by relief for lack of better terms. On my 743 I'm going to tie into the suction line right off the tank to add in mine. Summit racing has a tee fitting for radiator hoses that has i think a 3/4 threaded fitting. Or you could buy the right size pipe and weld in a fitting for the size you need. Only other way I've heard is to stick a hose into the tank from the fill cap and pack it with rags to seal it. I'm not that cheap. To much to go so wrong!!

jsmo66

I want to add a case drain to my 773G.
Has anybody done this? Looking for easiest and cheapest way to do this.
I haven't scrutinized the hydraulics schematics but I was curious if there is a lot of pressure in case drain line. Is it possible to just tap into a drain line with a "T" and replace the drain and have the drain tie into that?
All input appreciated. Thanks!
I was also wondering if you could tee off before the case filter for a needed case drain line for a mower. Any progress on this?

Coke-in-MN

What son has done when adding hyd equipment is use a cross over valve set to pressure so when flow stops from pump pressure is diverted from pressure side to return line .