943 lost drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mikefromcny

A friend asked me to look at his 943 yesterday. It was working fine then lost most of its drive function. Right side growls and and makes small attempts to move. Left side is a little stronger. We cut one of the hydraulic filters apart, no metal inside that we saw. Boom functions still work, although a little chattery. Drive motors aren't even visible, they seem to be buried down in the chain case somewhere.

Any thoughts or issues in this? Thanks guys.

goldhunter_2

I have a 943 and had drive issue a few years back. I had to trace mine down no one wanted to mess with a older machine that wasn't electronic

Mine ending up being one of the two large 5000psi Hyd hose under machine cage. Mine has Hyd drive motors not the sprocket and chain like i see in smaller machines I'd actually be surprised they even had that in this model you mite want to double check which you have.

I believe (but not sure) the Hyd pump works both the drives and the hyd cylinders however they only open the one value that your using at the time. works but chatter always make me think of low hyd fluid

There is a inspecting plate on each side between the wheels but I found it easier to flip the cage up and reach down to get to the those big hoses ( check for wore area mine where about 3/4 down hose form pump towards front wheel . Your pump location is under and behind the seat

If the "right side growls" it still could be a bad hyd drive motor the gears eat or broken , If its Chain an sprocket check all teh sprockets for broken teeth and loose chains. Also could be bearings somewhere on right side "grinding"