909 backhoe attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skid

can I make a bracket so I can install a 909 backhoe attachment on a s185 bobcat or should I buy a 709.The reason I'm asking is I can buy a 909 alot cheaper

farmboy55

The hook system for the 709 is much better way to go. I'm sure you make bracket's for the 909 anything can be done. I have a 709 and use it every day. 709 if you can afford to go that route. dennis

MrBobcat

The hook system for the 709 is much better way to go. I'm sure you make bracket's for the 909 anything can be done. I have a 709 and use it every day. 709 if you can afford to go that route. dennis
Ditto farm boys comments , & you can find a 709 for a decent price , ya just may have to look a little harder

skidsteer.ca

Ditto farm boys comments , & you can find a 709 for a decent price , ya just may have to look a little harder
I adapted my 909 to use the new 709 mounts and it works good. Spent most of the day welding it up though. Does not have the fancy locking lever I just put a set of pins in to lock it on. Works good. Could post picks if you like.
The 709 does have the advantage of more clearance under the stabilizers and the main boom will lift higher.
On the 909 sometimes I hit the end of the cylinder because the the boom does not lift high enough. So there are some adavantages to the newer hoe. The 909 has bushing on all the pivot points though, so its fully rebuildable.
Ken

Pbotter

I adapted my 909 to use the new 709 mounts and it works good. Spent most of the day welding it up though. Does not have the fancy locking lever I just put a set of pins in to lock it on. Works good. Could post picks if you like.
The 709 does have the advantage of more clearance under the stabilizers and the main boom will lift higher.
On the 909 sometimes I hit the end of the cylinder because the the boom does not lift high enough. So there are some adavantages to the newer hoe. The 909 has bushing on all the pivot points though, so its fully rebuildable.
Ken
Hi Guys, I just bought a 709 backhoe attachment for my 773 but the serial # plate was missing. I know this is the normal way of telling the manufacturing date? Is there any other way since the plate is missing. I also wanted to get a manual for it, but as my search as revealed I need to know the serial # to get the proper manaul. Can any one help? Thanks Jim

Tazza

Staff member
Hi Guys, I just bought a 709 backhoe attachment for my 773 but the serial # plate was missing. I know this is the normal way of telling the manufacturing date? Is there any other way since the plate is missing. I also wanted to get a manual for it, but as my search as revealed I need to know the serial # to get the proper manaul. Can any one help? Thanks Jim
You don't really need a manual, its the sort of thing you can work out on your own. They are actually pretty easy to get used to!

Pbotter

You don't really need a manual, its the sort of thing you can work out on your own. They are actually pretty easy to get used to!
Thanks Tazza. Is there anyway of telling the manufactures date? Do you know what year they started making the 709 with fold down stabilizers?

skidsteer.ca

Thanks Tazza. Is there anyway of telling the manufactures date? Do you know what year they started making the 709 with fold down stabilizers?
Not sure but sometime in the mid ninetys is my guess for the first 709's A dealer may be able to help you.
I'd have to check the serial number on mine, but it still had the tall grab handle to help the operator get on it from the ground, Bobcat came out will a bulletin, cut the tall handles off (they were welded on) , drove plastic plugs in what was left of the pipes to protect the sharp edge and bolted ones on beside the old pipes, to make it less likely to pinch the operator between the attachmnet and the cab in the event the operator did not latch the hoe properly to the quick attach. It was kinda a crude conversion and easily visable.
I believe that was also the same time they mounted a valve that the loader compressed down in the quick attach plate. This valve would not allow oil to flow through the hoe if the loader QA eas not seated into the hoes attachment plate.
Later models yet came with the Bobcat Exchange sytem, a quick atach for the hoes bucket, mine is still a pin on bucket.
I'll check my # and post it here
Ken

Pbotter

Not sure but sometime in the mid ninetys is my guess for the first 709's A dealer may be able to help you.
I'd have to check the serial number on mine, but it still had the tall grab handle to help the operator get on it from the ground, Bobcat came out will a bulletin, cut the tall handles off (they were welded on) , drove plastic plugs in what was left of the pipes to protect the sharp edge and bolted ones on beside the old pipes, to make it less likely to pinch the operator between the attachmnet and the cab in the event the operator did not latch the hoe properly to the quick attach. It was kinda a crude conversion and easily visable.
I believe that was also the same time they mounted a valve that the loader compressed down in the quick attach plate. This valve would not allow oil to flow through the hoe if the loader QA eas not seated into the hoes attachment plate.
Later models yet came with the Bobcat Exchange sytem, a quick atach for the hoes bucket, mine is still a pin on bucket.
I'll check my # and post it here
Ken
Thanks Ken. I'll look for your posting.

Pbotter

model 709
Ser # 270005326
Has verticle stabilizers instaed of the fold down type, otherwise I bet its much the same.
Ken
Hi Guys, Got a problem I need a little help with. Bought a 1997 773 Bobcat. When I got it the guy told me he unhooked the aux. because they ran all the time. (he unhooked it up in the switch panel were someone had straight wired it.) Wasn't a problem until I bought my 709 attachment and I found out what was going on. Apparently the aux. switch or the module has went bad and someone straight wired the aux. so when you turn the switch on the aux. automaticly kicks in. I have a manual and ohm the switch on the right steering along with the solenoids on the actuator valve and they seem to be good. Is there any way to check the aux. switch or module. I have no lights on at all when I hit the aux. switch. I know I can put me a toggle switch on the way it's wired now and get by, but I'd rather have it fixed right if it doesn't cost a fortune. Please help!!!!!! Thanks, Jimmy

thetool

Hi Guys, Got a problem I need a little help with. Bought a 1997 773 Bobcat. When I got it the guy told me he unhooked the aux. because they ran all the time. (he unhooked it up in the switch panel were someone had straight wired it.) Wasn't a problem until I bought my 709 attachment and I found out what was going on. Apparently the aux. switch or the module has went bad and someone straight wired the aux. so when you turn the switch on the aux. automaticly kicks in. I have a manual and ohm the switch on the right steering along with the solenoids on the actuator valve and they seem to be good. Is there any way to check the aux. switch or module. I have no lights on at all when I hit the aux. switch. I know I can put me a toggle switch on the way it's wired now and get by, but I'd rather have it fixed right if it doesn't cost a fortune. Please help!!!!!! Thanks, Jimmy
Probably better if you started this in a new thread.
If everything worked except it was on all the time, and stopped pumping when he disconnected the buttonpad in the dash-I'd go with a bad button pad. It has a little circuit board inside. But first, try hooking it back up and see what happens, if it lights up at all, just so you know. I've seen alternating flashes on the button point to a bad controller.
The controller is usually indicated by eliminating everything else.
Try starting this in a new thread and see what the other fellas say.

Pbotter

Probably better if you started this in a new thread.
If everything worked except it was on all the time, and stopped pumping when he disconnected the buttonpad in the dash-I'd go with a bad button pad. It has a little circuit board inside. But first, try hooking it back up and see what happens, if it lights up at all, just so you know. I've seen alternating flashes on the button point to a bad controller.
The controller is usually indicated by eliminating everything else.
Try starting this in a new thread and see what the other fellas say.
Hi Tool, Thanks I did start a new thread called Aux. Hydralics. Thanks, Jimmy