8811 Backhoe on a 763??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Greatdaen

In a posting last year I asked about the differences between an 811 and an 8811 backhoe attachment. The responses all indicated that the 8811 was too heavy for my 763. Well, an 8811 is available locally and the price is extremely attractive. I don't make my living with my Bobcat; I am building my own house and a hoe attachment would be very handy. So I can live with a little reduction in performance. I think I have determined from this forum that the 8811 will physically attach to my 763. If that is not the case, please advise. Obviously the Bobtach will fit, but will the mouting bracket attach without modification - or at least nothing more than a bolt hole or two? But going with the assumption that it will physically attach can anyone tell me what other issues I will run into? I suspect that the hydraulic capacity of my machine will probably have some limiting affects. What about the additional weight of the hoe? Will I have any tipping issues when moving the machine? My intended uses for the hoe would be various trenches for water / electric / communications utilities, some landscaping stuff, maybe even my septic leach field if this combination will work. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Like I said, the price is very attractive for a hoe attachment - but very expensive for a lawn orniment. -dch

Jawb

why not just rent a backhoe for your trenching needs? you say you dont use your bobcat for a living, and it would be an expensive lawn orniment. also the 8811 is too heavy, and could cause your machine to tip.

skidsteer.ca

why not just rent a backhoe for your trenching needs? you say you dont use your bobcat for a living, and it would be an expensive lawn orniment. also the 8811 is too heavy, and could cause your machine to tip.
I owned a 909 (equivalent to the current 709) on a 753 and that was all (if not more ) then it could handle. You could not back up a slope with the hoe on front. Both of these hoes had a 9' did depth, the one your looking at has a 11' reach. I'm not sure how much more it weights, but i'm sure it would be more then the 763 is capable of. Rent one or look for a hoe in the 9' class would be my advice.
A "quick release" 3rd link from a 3 point tractor hitch can be used to steady the top of the non bobcat ones if you find one.
Also good used 709s go for 3500 to 5k and hold their value better then the bigger ones because they are more in demand.
Ken

farmboy55

I owned a 909 (equivalent to the current 709) on a 753 and that was all (if not more ) then it could handle. You could not back up a slope with the hoe on front. Both of these hoes had a 9' did depth, the one your looking at has a 11' reach. I'm not sure how much more it weights, but i'm sure it would be more then the 763 is capable of. Rent one or look for a hoe in the 9' class would be my advice.
A "quick release" 3rd link from a 3 point tractor hitch can be used to steady the top of the non bobcat ones if you find one.
Also good used 709s go for 3500 to 5k and hold their value better then the bigger ones because they are more in demand.
Ken
If I'm correct the 8811 is for the newer & bigger Bobcat. the top brackets attach in the middle of the frt inlike the 911 & 709. It won't fit on my 853 at all. I'm just going by pic's. dennis

OP
OP
G

Greatdaen

If I'm correct the 8811 is for the newer & bigger Bobcat. the top brackets attach in the middle of the frt inlike the 911 & 709. It won't fit on my 853 at all. I'm just going by pic's. dennis
Dennis, Ken, Jwab, Thanks for the replies. These were exactly the types of comments I was looking for. According to the Bobcat website, the 8811 weight right at 500 lbs more than the 709 (1985 vs. 1485). Renting a hoe is probably the best use of my money - I just have to PLAN for that. This one caught my interest because of the price (under $1000) and the fact that it is local. Bobcat hoes do not show up on the used market much in the Phoenix area. With the cost of fuel, driving 500+ miles to pick one up is an expense that needs considered. Again, thanks for the comments. -dch

farmboy55

Dennis, Ken, Jwab, Thanks for the replies. These were exactly the types of comments I was looking for. According to the Bobcat website, the 8811 weight right at 500 lbs more than the 709 (1985 vs. 1485). Renting a hoe is probably the best use of my money - I just have to PLAN for that. This one caught my interest because of the price (under $1000) and the fact that it is local. Bobcat hoes do not show up on the used market much in the Phoenix area. With the cost of fuel, driving 500+ miles to pick one up is an expense that needs considered. Again, thanks for the comments. -dch
Did you say you have found a 8811 for under a $1000. When I was shopping for a 709. I seen some 8811's for sale, but none of them under 5K. The 709's go from $2500. to $3500 around here. Dennis

Jawb

If that 8811 is in good working order, what you might do is buy it and put it up on ebay, then after it sells use that money to get the right attachment for your machine, if you think its worth all the fuss.