873 Fuel Delivery Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Clodhopper

I've got an 873 that I bought about a month ago. The latest problem that I'm having with it is that after running for about 5 minutes it acts like it's starved for fuel. I changed the fuel filter and the in line filter that I'm guessing someone decided it needed somewhere along the way, but that didn't help. When I cleaned the screen on the lift pump it was partially clogged up with what seemed to be ground rubber. When it is pitching a fit the clear in line filter has a lot less fuel in it than when it is running good. Should I be replacing the lift pump next, or does this seem like an obstructed fuel line issue? Or is it likely to be something else all together. I'm thinking about blowing the fuel line back toward the tank, but I don't know if there is any kind of fuel pump at the tank. When I changed the in line filter, not much if any fuel ran out of the line to the tank. Thanks for any help.

SkidRoe

If you refill it with fuel, does it run okay? If so it could be the fuel line in the tank. You machine is getting to the age where they start to rot off. HTH - SR

OP
OP
C

Clodhopper

If you refill it with fuel, does it run okay? If so it could be the fuel line in the tank. You machine is getting to the age where they start to rot off. HTH - SR
No, I put 5 gallons in when it started crapping out and it didn't make any difference.

OP
OP
C

Clodhopper

Actually, I think you nailed it. I pulled the fuel line out of the tank and the line that attaches to the elbow broke off and fell back into the tank. I'm guessing it had a bad crack right there that was sucking air some of the time. I'm going out now to see if that's the whole problem.