873 F backhoe hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dfb4408

We have an 873 F with the backhoe hydraulics lines on each side on rear of machine. Can anyone tell me why they are smaller couplers than regular auxiliary and would they have enough flow rate to run two 2 1/2 X 8 cylinders? Do they both work together or are they separate? Thanks for any info.

TriHonu

Those couplers should be for the optional rear stabilizers. According to Bobcat, they are used to level and transfer weight to the front of the machine to increase performance of the backhoe and tree spade attachments.
I've never used them, so I would be guessing whether you can operate them independently.
If my math is correct, it would take about 1/3 gallon of oil to extend both cylinders. So you would have plenty of oil to run them. How fast they will operate will depend upon the size of the lines and how much those couplers restrict the flow.

mmsllc

Those couplers should be for the optional rear stabilizers. According to Bobcat, they are used to level and transfer weight to the front of the machine to increase performance of the backhoe and tree spade attachments.
I've never used them, so I would be guessing whether you can operate them independently.
If my math is correct, it would take about 1/3 gallon of oil to extend both cylinders. So you would have plenty of oil to run them. How fast they will operate will depend upon the size of the lines and how much those couplers restrict the flow.
They were most likely sold with the backhoe attachment & front mounting brackets.