873 brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Siteworx

Got in my machine today to unload it and when I got it off the trailer and put the brake on it just kept rolling. It's like the brake is not locking. What could cause this? Thanks Mike

walio123

The parking brake is triggered by a solenoid that pulls an anchor to release it. As the machine is off, the solenoid does not work and the brake is applied. If the machine is not moving, when it is off, or when it is lit and the seatbar is raised, the problem is in the button that is under the brake pedal. If this is not the case, there are guides, discs, and anchors under the middle cover of the chains case that block the chains, which is broken there.

OP
OP
S

Siteworx

The parking brake is triggered by a solenoid that pulls an anchor to release it. As the machine is off, the solenoid does not work and the brake is applied. If the machine is not moving, when it is off, or when it is lit and the seatbar is raised, the problem is in the button that is under the brake pedal. If this is not the case, there are guides, discs, and anchors under the middle cover of the chains case that block the chains, which is broken there.
I can hear the sensor release when I hit the brake switch like it is working but it never locks the machine up. I can even move the machine without hitting the green button after lowering the lap bar but cannot move the bucket.

walio123

I can hear the sensor release when I hit the brake switch like it is working but it never locks the machine up. I can even move the machine without hitting the green button after lowering the lap bar but cannot move the bucket.
You must remove the middle cover of the chain case.There are guiides mounted on a cover and traction lock anchor inside traction lock solenoid. On a drive motors shafts has a 2 brake discs. Something there is broken...

OP
OP
S

Siteworx

You must remove the middle cover of the chain case.There are guiides mounted on a cover and traction lock anchor inside traction lock solenoid. On a drive motors shafts has a 2 brake discs. Something there is broken...
Ok. I will dig into it and see what I can find