863 electrical help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

aleks138

I have a 00 863 g series, and when I turn the start key only the glow plug relay and the fuel sylenoid clicks. until the cold weather started it was ok. Now the only was to start it is to turn on the ignition and short 2 wires on the starter. Does anyone know where i could get a wiring diagram for it on the web. or maybe what the problem is?

skidsteer.ca

It could be a bad soliniod on the starter or a bad spdt relay, black box 1" cubed, with 5 flat blade terminals coming out of it. You need to get someone to try the key while you hold a test light on the small wire (s) on the starter at see if the tester lights up when the key is tuned to start.
Let us know what you find. Are you crossing the big wire on the starter to a small wire, or 2 big wire together, not familar with the starter
Ken

siduramaxde

It could be a bad soliniod on the starter or a bad spdt relay, black box 1" cubed, with 5 flat blade terminals coming out of it. You need to get someone to try the key while you hold a test light on the small wire (s) on the starter at see if the tester lights up when the key is tuned to start.
Let us know what you find. Are you crossing the big wire on the starter to a small wire, or 2 big wire together, not familar with the starter
Ken
I had this problem on a 863 and I just replaced the starter. I think it cost me about $250 US. This no start condition was only a problem when cold. Dealer claimed the starters get "weak". Try having your starter rebuilt.