86 bobcat 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

if the drive worked well before you opened up the hydro system you have air in it.

Wayne440

My experience has been that "was told" is not always a reliable source.

I claim no expertise- If it was mine, I would block the wheels up off of the ground and try it briefly.

OP
OP
S

Slow hands

I claim no expertise- If it was mine, I would block the wheels up off of the ground and try it briefly.
Ok Wayne I will try that. I haven't had this thing long. Iv been fighting hydraulic leaks since I got it but never had this problem before. I appreciate any and all help I can get.

OP
OP
S

Slow hands

I'm new to all this forum stuff so everyone bare with me. Wayne I will do that and see what happens. Thanks for your help

Wayne440

I am just saying what I would do if my 742 (same machine with gasoline engine) had that issue. I am no expert, but seems to me that might purge some air out if the wheels will turn. Those with more knowledge may have other ideas.

OP
OP
S

Slow hands

I am just saying what I would do if my 742 (same machine with gasoline engine) had that issue. I am no expert, but seems to me that might purge some air out if the wheels will turn. Those with more knowledge may have other ideas.
Like said I appreciate all the help I can get. I just wonder if there is a way to prime the pumps. Just a thought.

jp8775

I have a 743B that was in a light fire I am doing a complete restoration. I am going to reseal the valve body as it got worm also. I have replaced the seals on the front of the valve bodies before but never the rear one on the engine side. I guess there is little balls that shoot out when you remove the caps. Any help on doing this. Any one have a good link to a video. Also what parts do I need, the balls are steel so I assume they need not to be replaced?

brdgbldr

I have a 743B that was in a light fire I am doing a complete restoration. I am going to reseal the valve body as it got worm also. I have replaced the seals on the front of the valve bodies before but never the rear one on the engine side. I guess there is little balls that shoot out when you remove the caps. Any help on doing this. Any one have a good link to a video. Also what parts do I need, the balls are steel so I assume they need not to be replaced?
Here is a video of the control valve detent balls install. This guy has other great videos also.

brdgbldr

Here's another video by the same guy.

jp8775

As the 734B were the last run on 743 I assume the kit for the rebuild is available after market. I have he valve boots and the quad seals but will need the seals for the caps and maybe the balls? They are steel I have been told? It was in a fire in the engine compartment so I got a new used set of steel lines thinking they wood maybe had burned oil in then and it would be hard to clean. I also have a new seal that goes between the engine and the hydro unit. I there any do and don'ts for replacing it? I got the hook pry bar do we seal the seal with sealer when installing it or just put it in dry? Any suggestions as to where I should buy the parts its getting harder to get OEM bobcat parts more and more!

Nitro7402

Everything worked fine. Just had leak. Was told it would self bleed. I'm on day 3 waiting
I did the same on my 743, had issues after replacing all the seals. thought it was air in the lines, after several days I retraced all my lines and had crossed 2. once I switched them to the correct location everything worked great within minutes of firing up the machine.

OP
OP
S

Slow hands

I did the same on my 743, had issues after replacing all the seals. thought it was air in the lines, after several days I retraced all my lines and had crossed 2. once I switched them to the correct location everything worked great within minutes of firing up the machine.
Thanks for that information . I will give that a try. I have checked everything that I can think of. Hopefully that is the problem.. will let you know what I find.... Thanks again

koko

I'm a little late for this piece of advise but when I removed my valving on my 863 I took lots of pics while I was taking lines off. I helped greatly when I reinstalled! (y)

brdgbldr

As the 734B were the last run on 743 I assume the kit for the rebuild is available after market. I have he valve boots and the quad seals but will need the seals for the caps and maybe the balls? They are steel I have been told? It was in a fire in the engine compartment so I got a new used set of steel lines thinking they wood maybe had burned oil in then and it would be hard to clean. I also have a new seal that goes between the engine and the hydro unit. I there any do and don'ts for replacing it? I got the hook pry bar do we seal the seal with sealer when installing it or just put it in dry? Any suggestions as to where I should buy the parts its getting harder to get OEM bobcat parts more and more!
I always try shop.bobcat.com first as a basic price check.
You can also just do a search for the part number online, but watch out for foreign and fake sites.
There are a few other companies I like to use also: reliableaftermarketparts.com
allskidsteers.com
loaderpartssource.com