853h fuel problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigmike

i put a new engine in machine and am having a fuel problem. machine seems to be starving for fuel. i looked today and noticed primer blub collasped when running. dealer said i have a dirty screen in fuel pickup line in the tank problem is i can not get to line to pull i was thinking of blowing air threw it to flush it out anyone ever done this also what can you add to fuel to clean tank to keep this from happing again.

goodtech

You cannot blow air through the pick up tube there is a check valve at the bottom of the assembly and you will loose the check valve and the screen, then you will have a problem every day trying to start your machine because it will loose it's prime. It sucks, because most bobcats you are going to have to pull the engine and hydrostat assembly to gain access to the tube and screen. Good luck

bobbie-g

You cannot blow air through the pick up tube there is a check valve at the bottom of the assembly and you will loose the check valve and the screen, then you will have a problem every day trying to start your machine because it will loose it's prime. It sucks, because most bobcats you are going to have to pull the engine and hydrostat assembly to gain access to the tube and screen. Good luck
Mike I have a 751 and had a fuel problem (turned out to be the pump), and the dealer thought the problem was the pickup tube. I paid them to replace the pickup tube, and it could be done without pulling the engine (on the 751, anyhow). I couldn't even see the pickup tube fitting on the top of the tank. I think they had to open up the cab, and lay down on the hydraulic lines and somehow reach back through near the inner side of the engine. Obviously, they knew what they were doing and I didn't, so I paid a couple hundred bucks to have them do it. My only other idea would be a wacko idea. If you're looking at pulling the engine to fix this anyhow, why not try waiting until the tank is about half empty, then poking an air hose into the tank and bubbling the diesel around for 10 minutes or so. Maybe some of the crud will jiggle loose from the filter. Then, use an external pump (I used a Holly Red gas pump) with a long hose poked into the tank thru your diesel filler neck and pump out all the bad junk you can. Maybe even put in a gallon or so after it's dry and do it again. I know this is a lot of fussing around, but it might save you pulling your engine. --- Bob

Latest posts