853 Drainage

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bkonn

I took the side panels off my 853 so that I could pressure wash the inside and get it cleaned up for leak dectection. There is about 4 inches of sludge and water in the compartments, My question is, is there supposed to be a drain plug or drainage outlet for all this water to go to? Thanks Newbie

pelpel

Look under the machine for a plate with 3 bolts, it would at the very lowest point of the "Keel". It would about 2" by 5" in size. It covers the drain by about 90%. It is probably plugged as it should allow for some drainage. The bolts will likely shear off when you try to remove them, so I just point a waterhose at the small slit left open to try to get it to open up. You could agitate the sludge and have the machine driven onto blocks on one side so it drains out of the side panel a bit more.........

Fishfiles

Look under the machine for a plate with 3 bolts, it would at the very lowest point of the "Keel". It would about 2" by 5" in size. It covers the drain by about 90%. It is probably plugged as it should allow for some drainage. The bolts will likely shear off when you try to remove them, so I just point a waterhose at the small slit left open to try to get it to open up. You could agitate the sludge and have the machine driven onto blocks on one side so it drains out of the side panel a bit more.........
You don't have to take off the plate that covers the fuel tank and chain case drain plugs as that compartment doesn't even attach to the belly cavaties , pressure washer is the best way , but a long rod will break thru the clog up , behind the back axles on both sides of the chain case is a hole which is about 1 1/2 inches , I like to use the pressure washer to bust thru the clog then to turn the sludge to liquid and wash it out , it helps to tilt the machine back with the bucket , then raise the cab