853 bobcat with Isuzu engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

littleriver

Just got it at auction. everything seems to work correctly except for:
when moving, with or with bucket load and at full throttle, the machine loses power and then comes back. just as if you had pulled the throttle back. I've never had an Isuzu before but many others. if were some other machines I would say it acts like a governor not responding fast enough. hope some can shed some light here an 853H with approx. 3900 hours.

foton

I would go through the whole fuel system first , just so you know it is not that starving for fuel. or a vacuum air leak.

wateka

I just started reassembling my 853 after rebuilding/replacing/repainting almost every system and component but the fuel pump. If you want all the manuals, parts catalogs and literature I've found for the 853, send me a DM with your email address.

laurencen

one thing we had going on our machine, the fuel pickup line had rotted and perforated, when the tank was low it sucked air as much as fuel, seemed to run fine with no laod but bogged during loading, new line fixed it up

marshy853h

I just started reassembling my 853 after rebuilding/replacing/repainting almost every system and component but the fuel pump. If you want all the manuals, parts catalogs and literature I've found for the 853, send me a DM with your email address.
Hi, you wouldn't be able to shoot me a copy of all that by chance would you as I'm in the same boat. Just got a hold of an 853h with a 4jb1 engine and I need to overhaul it… but hesitant as I've never done a diesel before but rebuilt quite a few Harley's .
If you can that would be so very much appreciated..
Cheers kind regards

wateka

I wouldn't be too hesitant. I'm no mechanic and I was able to do it. Just take a ton of pictures - the picture you don't take is the one you're going to wish you had later.

laurencen

few years ago I picked up a non runner 843 with the same motor, we rebuilt it ourselves, the unit had zero compression, purchased a kit off Ebay came with everything, new cylinders, pistons rods and bearings, put cylinders in liquid oxygen then slid into block, after rebuild it is still running great the kit cost 600US at the time