843B won't move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dbos

Hello all I'm also looking at a 1986 843B for sale that the owner says it will only move back and forth an inch. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts on what could be the problem. I'm fairly mechanical and well equipped with tools so I don't mind wrenching. Thanks in advance.

reaperman

Here are a couple of quotes from another poster on this site and his thoughts on 40 series bobcats. "Live in WI and was a Bobcat dealer tech for 10 years. Next to never saw a 40 series that wasn't scrap iron. Few far and between low hour ones that where hardly used, but most were busted up junk. Dealer doesn't want them because by the time they give trade in price, stick any money in it, they are $2000 upside down in. Any that were traded in were sold to a wholesaler for $100 over what they gave for. Also a dealer doesn't want them because they are so outdated. Selling them falls right into my belief, they are worth what stupid people will pay". "I'm probably a little famous on this site for my utter dislike of 743 or any 40 series. You might as well get an 8n for a loader tractor and a '46 power wagon for a 4x4 truck for comparison. If this was 1990, my tune would be different as they were good machines when new. Today they are terribly outdated, often worn out and simple not worth the money to stick a ton in. Running and working $3500 is top dollar, paying more for one is stupid. I've said before, if you have owned one for 20 years and it has been go to you, then they are an OK machine. But dear god don't buy one, especially if you want to make money with one. Also who ever says they are easy to work on is nuts. A 753, 763 and so on are night and day easier to work. 753 or newer and find a G series if you really want attachment capabilities".

bobkat843

could be stupid simple like the foot brake is stuck .auxiliary hydraulic is activated.chain binded ,plugged up screen filter.Good luck

OP
OP
D

Dbos

could be stupid simple like the foot brake is stuck .auxiliary hydraulic is activated.chain binded ,plugged up screen filter.Good luck
Thanks for your honest opinion. I will take that into consideration. I'm in a difficult spot since I have limited funds to buy a machine since it will be mostly for personal use around mine and my friends and family's houses. This machine also may be a little too big to fit into some areas I am planning work.