843 Bobcat Transmission light never comes on and hour meter does not run

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

japmaple

I have had this machine on the farm for a long time (17 yrs). I service the machine each winter. I have decided to try to get the hour meter/Transmission light working (I don't think it ever worked). The Volt meter, Coolant temp gauge, and engine oil pressure light work fine. The pump bay area is pretty dirty but I fear taking a pressure washer to it at its age. Maybe you guys have some thoughts on that and if there are drain holes for the pump bay belly pan. Primarily I looked at the pump and found a sending unit on the top under seat area. Additionally I found a disconnected harness with 2 spade connectors and one ring connector in the general area. From reading several posts the circuit for this Transmission light has several sending units sounds like in series any of the 3 can trigger (provide the ground to the lamp if I understand correctly). Any ideas where this set of wires may have originally connected or suggestions on where the sending units are other than the one on top of the pump under the seat. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Tazza

Staff member
I see no problem with giving it a bath. I generally park my machine in a slight hill so the crap can wash out the back.
Does the pressure sender have wires attached?
It is possible the sender has just gone bad, they do this quite often.

Heetseeker

I just picked up an 843 and have been cleaning it up and inspecting the electrical. I also found 2 spade connectors (one was hot) and a black ground wire just hanging under the seat area. I'll be trouble shooting the charging system and see where these go soon.. I've ordered a complete manual set. If you look at the alternator rear, there is a two wire connector, both green wires. On my machine, both are cut. One went to the starter relay, not sure about the other...Yet.