773 with BICS trouble.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Websterspower

When I push the button to operate the machine all of the lights on the BICS controler light up for a second and then the traction and lift /tilt lights go out. The seat bar light stays on... I held the push to operate button down and held it and those two lights blinked three times. The manual says that means a short to ground.. Can anyone give me a little insight as to what that is reffering to? Also, the BICS solenoid is not on the valve body...? any idea where it is? Thanks all. Shawn

Tazza

Staff member
It could be a bad lock out solenoid coil shorting to ground.
Does the machine operate in this condition?

OP
OP
W

Websterspower

It could be a bad lock out solenoid coil shorting to ground.
Does the machine operate in this condition?
No Tazza.... Does that lockout solenoid also lock out the tracion? I thought it only locked out the lift/tilt?

OldMachinist

No Tazza.... Does that lockout solenoid also lock out the tracion? I thought it only locked out the lift/tilt?
Since you have two circuits it says are shorted to ground I'd be more inclined to think a bad or corroded connector to the BICS or the wiring harness is rubbed thru shorting to ground. Try unplugging the traction lock(parking brake) solenoid and see if the light still flashes.

OP
OP
W

Websterspower

Since you have two circuits it says are shorted to ground I'd be more inclined to think a bad or corroded connector to the BICS or the wiring harness is rubbed thru shorting to ground. Try unplugging the traction lock(parking brake) solenoid and see if the light still flashes.
Roger that.... Thanks for the direction you guys. Would a low voltage situation cause any of these symptoms? When I got to the machine I noticed that the alternator belt was LOOSE and when I tightened it the voltage meter was still only reading 12ish volts... Does the BICS need a full 14v to operate correctly? I haven't checked the alternator output yet but thought I would ask. Shawn

OldMachinist

Roger that.... Thanks for the direction you guys. Would a low voltage situation cause any of these symptoms? When I got to the machine I noticed that the alternator belt was LOOSE and when I tightened it the voltage meter was still only reading 12ish volts... Does the BICS need a full 14v to operate correctly? I haven't checked the alternator output yet but thought I would ask. Shawn
The BICS will operate from 9 to 16 volts with no problems. Above or below that and all the lights on the box will flash. The sensor circuits are below system voltage.
You may want to check all the batery and ground conections on both ends. Many users have reported back that just cleaning all the connections fixed their BICS problems.

OP
OP
W

Websterspower

The BICS will operate from 9 to 16 volts with no problems. Above or below that and all the lights on the box will flash. The sensor circuits are below system voltage.
You may want to check all the batery and ground conections on both ends. Many users have reported back that just cleaning all the connections fixed their BICS problems.
Will do... On a side note, are the service manuals you uploaded still available OldMachinist? i saved a link to where they were at one point and can't seem to find them..