763H input message

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tonka Toy

Hi all, Well another job another breakdown. My 763H is throwing up the input error message, have changed the LH panel for a brand new one from bobcat, ignition is all good. so thinking it has to be the control unit. Tried to jump the started to get the machine running after removing the brake solenoid as its stuck on a site and it wont run, it turns slowly but its as if something is draining power. Before it died the input message came up a few times, as well as the glow plug warning light. Read somewhere that this also indicates the control unit is breaking down. Is there anywhere i can check voltage going into the command unit before i fork over £800 for a new unit? Thanks Jon

Tazza

Staff member
Electricial issues are a pain in the neck, you have so many things that it could be, contrller is one, but not knowing for usre can be a waste....
You have a pile of wires to the controller, it only takes one to be the issue. Input means the controller is not seeing the panel, so it could be a wire or connector between it and the computer.
SOrry that i can't be more specific and say change that -----> and all will be well...

OP
OP
T

Tonka Toy

Electricial issues are a pain in the neck, you have so many things that it could be, contrller is one, but not knowing for usre can be a waste....
You have a pile of wires to the controller, it only takes one to be the issue. Input means the controller is not seeing the panel, so it could be a wire or connector between it and the computer.
SOrry that i can't be more specific and say change that -----> and all will be well...
Hey Tazza, No worries mate, didn't think there would be much anyone could suggest. Have found a place over in the U.S that repairs the comps for half what a new one costs so that may be an option to try after I've checked the wiring. Will post an update when I get to the bottom of it. Got to pull the machine out of a job site and onto the trailer. Is it best to try and disconnect the motors to avoid damage after pulling the brake solenoid? Thanks Jon

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Tazza, No worries mate, didn't think there would be much anyone could suggest. Have found a place over in the U.S that repairs the comps for half what a new one costs so that may be an option to try after I've checked the wiring. Will post an update when I get to the bottom of it. Got to pull the machine out of a job site and onto the trailer. Is it best to try and disconnect the motors to avoid damage after pulling the brake solenoid? Thanks Jon
it will roll far easier if you do remove the lines, but you'll get oil everywhere.
Personally, i'd try hot wiring it first. Find the park brake solenoid, 3 wires, pull hold ground. Ground is black, wire it to a battery to disengage the brake. Black to -ve then you'll have to touck the wight and red to the battery one at a time, whatever one bakes it go clunk is the pull, wire the other one to the battery and keep it there, touck the other one to the +ve and it will clunk and hold in place. Do the same for your fuel shut solenoid on your motor, then jump between the +ve and start connector on the starter.
You can at least drive it around, you may have the lift/tilt locked out but you will be mobile.
I haven't heard of a joint to repair controllers, good to know they do exist. Sadly for me, shipping from .au there and back will cost a whole lot....
Let us know how you go.

OP
OP
T

Tonka Toy

it will roll far easier if you do remove the lines, but you'll get oil everywhere.
Personally, i'd try hot wiring it first. Find the park brake solenoid, 3 wires, pull hold ground. Ground is black, wire it to a battery to disengage the brake. Black to -ve then you'll have to touck the wight and red to the battery one at a time, whatever one bakes it go clunk is the pull, wire the other one to the battery and keep it there, touck the other one to the +ve and it will clunk and hold in place. Do the same for your fuel shut solenoid on your motor, then jump between the +ve and start connector on the starter.
You can at least drive it around, you may have the lift/tilt locked out but you will be mobile.
I haven't heard of a joint to repair controllers, good to know they do exist. Sadly for me, shipping from .au there and back will cost a whole lot....
Let us know how you go.
Thanks Tazza, just didn't wasn't sure if i would blow a seal in the motor. Will power the brake solenoid. Tried to hot wire it by jumping the starter, connected jumper cable to positive under the starter, the starter turns twice slowly then nothing, so may have to jack the machine up and place on some upside down trailer ramps and drag out if need be. Of course the machine is in the worst place to be when it went down, rear garden on a raised portion. Will let you know how i get on next week

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza, just didn't wasn't sure if i would blow a seal in the motor. Will power the brake solenoid. Tried to hot wire it by jumping the starter, connected jumper cable to positive under the starter, the starter turns twice slowly then nothing, so may have to jack the machine up and place on some upside down trailer ramps and drag out if need be. Of course the machine is in the worst place to be when it went down, rear garden on a raised portion. Will let you know how i get on next week
Isn't it always the way? they get stuck in the worst possible places. Something isn't right for it to only turn twice and lock up.
You won't blow any seals pulling the machine, with the brake on, the wheels won;t roll anyway, but if they did, it wouldn't cause damage moving it slowly.

OP
OP
T

Tonka Toy

Isn't it always the way? they get stuck in the worst possible places. Something isn't right for it to only turn twice and lock up.
You won't blow any seals pulling the machine, with the brake on, the wheels won;t roll anyway, but if they did, it wouldn't cause damage moving it slowly.
Hi all, Just thought i would give a quick update on the 763H. I sent the command unit off to Isoscell.com, and got it back within a week and half, considering i am in the UK and they are in US didn't think that was bad. Due to work load havent had a chance to get back to the machine for a few weeks but finally got time this last friday. Bolted the repaired unit back in, reconnected it back, thank god for idiot proof plugs, turned key and it beeped back into life. Runs great, only issue now rising is poss a dodgy hydraulic temp sensor as it flashs and beeps, then two minutes later warning light goes out, then will randomly come on again. If this helps anyone with the input message give them Isoscell a try, $400 dollar repair instead of new unit cost and then to get machine to dealer and have the two programmed together.

Tazza

Staff member
Hi all, Just thought i would give a quick update on the 763H. I sent the command unit off to Isoscell.com, and got it back within a week and half, considering i am in the UK and they are in US didn't think that was bad. Due to work load havent had a chance to get back to the machine for a few weeks but finally got time this last friday. Bolted the repaired unit back in, reconnected it back, thank god for idiot proof plugs, turned key and it beeped back into life. Runs great, only issue now rising is poss a dodgy hydraulic temp sensor as it flashs and beeps, then two minutes later warning light goes out, then will randomly come on again. If this helps anyone with the input message give them Isoscell a try, $400 dollar repair instead of new unit cost and then to get machine to dealer and have the two programmed together.
They did a great job, thanks for sharing their details.

stevep3916

Tonka Toy, would you happen to have Isocells phone # . I looked up their website doesnt seem to be working ,now. Thanks very much, Steve

Latest posts