763 Bobcat No Start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kmyers

I have a 95 bobcat 763. I had been turning the key on and manually pushing in the fuel solenoid to start. Over time it has stopped working. I replaced it and the timer relay harness. Turning the key the solenoid does not engage. I changed out each of the 4 relays and the solenoid still does not do anything. Could it be in the ignition switch or something else I'm missing. It will turn over and all the lights do come on. I also have checked the battery and tested which all are good.

brdgbldr

I would definitely change out the ignition. They are pretty cheap and you may find a loose wire while in there.

OP
OP
K

Kmyers

1995 bobcat 763. I have replaced ignition and a new fuel solenoid and I am going to try relays again. My question is anyone have any other suggestions where to look or what to do when the key is turned on the fuel solenoid should actuate. I have run out of places to look or try

dirtpig538

I have a 95 bobcat 763. I had been turning the key on and manually pushing in the fuel solenoid to start. Over time it has stopped working. I replaced it and the timer relay harness. Turning the key the solenoid does not engage. I changed out each of the 4 relays and the solenoid still does not do anything. Could it be in the ignition switch or something else I'm missing. It will turn over and all the lights do come on. I also have checked the battery and tested which all are good.
Check and see if you are getting power to the solenoid.

OP
OP
K

Kmyers

Check and see if you are getting power to the solenoid.
It holds manually with the key on and starts but not do it from the cab. I'm assuming since it moves and locks to the open and starts it has power. I'm not sure what controls it to activate when it is turned on at the key with out having to get out and open the back and move the fuel solenoid over get back in the cab then start. I think it would be the relay and I have 2 new out of the 4 to switch around to see if that works but if it does not then what else would I look for I have practically replaced all inline with new parts

Latest posts