763 additions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nobull1

Since removing the motor to replace the pump seal I thought it was a good time to do the mods that we had put off for months.

The rear light works off a switch by the key switch. The flashing light and fan in front of the back window plug into a three terminal cigar lighter receptacle we also installed.

left mirror

right mirror
We installed a car rear view mirror just above the door inside the cab as well as the two outside. What a difference they make while backing up. The two outside mirrors give a good view of your tires and a couple of feet outside the tires, even with the arms raised quite a bit. I think it is the most important mod of all. Why Bobcat doesn't have them is beyond me. It is a real safety issue IMO.

This is a low profile bucket we modified to load firewood on to our one ton. The expanded metal increases the capacity as well as stops the wood from crashing down on top of the machine. The teeth are made of 3" c channel that are removable as an assembly so the bucket can be used for snow removal in the winter.

perry

Clean job........Those mirrors wouldn't last long in my neck of the woods.

OP
OP
nobull1

nobull1

Clean job........Those mirrors wouldn't last long in my neck of the woods.
I could see them not working in some applications. In my case I run the machine 90% of the time and they "should" last. They are just barely over the inside of the tires so they shouldn't get hit...time will tell. The rear view mirror mounted to the cab on top of the door gives a good view out the back window and is out of the way.

OP
OP
nobull1

nobull1

The side mirrors are they mounted on the indise of the lift arm?
The mirrors are made of a piece of angle iron bent and welded at ninety degrees. The angle piece is welded to the top of the lift arm. The picture showing the front of the machine gives a pretty good picture of how the mirrors are mounted.