75XT Wheel spacer / tire chain question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Badss

Hi everyone. I am new here and looked around the forum prior to me asking this and didn't see anything about this. I am running a 75XT with 12.00x16.5 tires. I live in northern Alberta Canada and the snow here is extreme this winter. I just purchased this unit and tires were shot so put new original tread design back on...the problem is no traction hardly at all. I am running a big snow bucket but even with the smooth edge utility bucket i have to really be on the move before planting it down. We had above freezing temps and then freezing rain and another foot of snow and temps diving to -35 so you can imagine the tire slippage. my solution was to buy chains. My problem now is that I don't have enough tire to machine clearance. I have about an inch is all to one of the pin bosses so running tire chains without a wheel spacer is not an option. My questions...I have never ran chains (1) I was only going to run chains on the rear set of tires...is this correct? (2) how big of spacer should I run...was thinking a 2 inch (3) is there a better brand out there for spacers...was looking at the prowlers on Ebay? ....is there anything I need to be aware of that I may have missed. Thanks all...

ezridr60

I run a Case 1840 with chains on front and rear for the very reason you stated, traction is nil without them. I have a rather steep driveway, I tried it one year without the chains and it was a disaster. However my tire size is smaller they are 1000 x 16.5. I know you said you just put new tires on this thing but would going to the smaller 1000 tire be an option for you in lieu of spacers? I don't know for a fact if spacers are available, without being locally manufactured. Anyone know?

Latest posts