753 won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hollowleg

I just replaced the starter after it stayed engaged. I was told I should replace my ignition switch as it was believed to be the cause. So have done that and now all I get is the click of the fuel solenoid on the first notch of the key and nothing when the starter should kick in

Skiddy

Find a helper to operate your key while you probe the selinoid with a voltmeter to see if your getting power to the selinoid in the start mode.

Tazza

Staff member
Find a helper to operate your key while you probe the selinoid with a voltmeter to see if your getting power to the selinoid in the start mode.
Also your starter relay could be sticky.

Fishfiles

Thanks fellas, I'll get my wife holding the key while I check the solinoid voltage. What and where is a starter relay located?
if your starter stays engaged and takes a ride with the motor than I always change the key switch , and relay along with the starter , the relay should be on a bracket on top the battery along with 4 others ones , the bracket has a decal on it to show which each one is for , check your fuses and recheck your wiring as you may have put the wrong wire in the wrong spot

skidsteer.ca

Thanks fellas, I'll get my wife holding the key while I check the solinoid voltage. What and where is a starter relay located?
The solinoid is on the starter motor. Somewhere depending on year model there will also be a relay. G series it is between your legs below the seat, C and F series had them in the engine compartment beside the fuses.
Ken

OP
OP
H

hollowleg

The solinoid is on the starter motor. Somewhere depending on year model there will also be a relay. G series it is between your legs below the seat, C and F series had them in the engine compartment beside the fuses.
Ken
There are 2 relays above the battery. I switched them and the machine fired up right away, so will buy 2 new ones on Monday. Thanks for all your help, fellas. My headache disappeared with the sound of that motor. Once again, thank-you. Have a good weekend.