753 LIFT/TILT PROBLEM

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirtpig538

No lift or tilt functions. I replaced the lap bar switch, didn't make a difference. There are 4 lights: press to operate loader, seat bar, lift and tilt valve, traction. When I turn on the key, all 4 lights flash on, then go off. If I press the traction lock button, the traction light comes on, and I can move the machine, but still no lift/tilt. There is no seat switch on this machine. Where do I look next for a problem?

TheVille9

Since there is four lights like you mentioned and only the traction light comes on when it is pressed. Sounds like you are still missing something. Could be an open wire to the seat bar sensor. That light should light up when that is pulled down. I would start by troubleshooting that further. If it doesn't see that seat bar then it is going to keep you out of lift/tilt for safety.

OP
OP
D

dirtpig538

Since there is four lights like you mentioned and only the traction light comes on when it is pressed. Sounds like you are still missing something. Could be an open wire to the seat bar sensor. That light should light up when that is pulled down. I would start by troubleshooting that further. If it doesn't see that seat bar then it is going to keep you out of lift/tilt for safety.
Yes, I'm pretty sure it is in the seat bar circuit. I think a bad wire or connection. I haven't had a chance to work on it much lately, but I will find it sooner or later. Thanks for the response.

TheVille9

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is in the seat bar circuit. I think a bad wire or connection. I haven't had a chance to work on it much lately, but I will find it sooner or later. Thanks for the response.
No Problem. If you unplug the sensor there should be a ground, signal, and reference voltage. Check it with a multimeter set to DC volts. You will have 8 volts on the reference circuit. Put your leads on the 2 outside wires I believe. Middle wire would be your signal which will be the one that is probably having the issue.

OP
OP
D

dirtpig538

No Problem. If you unplug the sensor there should be a ground, signal, and reference voltage. Check it with a multimeter set to DC volts. You will have 8 volts on the reference circuit. Put your leads on the 2 outside wires I believe. Middle wire would be your signal which will be the one that is probably having the issue.
I tested all the wires, 2 at a time. I got 7.5 2 ways and I think .3 the other way.

TheVille9

I tested all the wires, 2 at a time. I got 7.5 2 ways and I think .3 the other way.
Okay sounds like you are getting reference voltage and ground. The middle wire is probably the issue. Depending on what position you measure the lap bar in you won't really see much voltage especially with the seat bar up on the signal wire. This is of course measuring with it plugged into the sensor. If you measure with it in the down position while it is plugged in you will see some voltage on your meter. I know it is a difficult location to get to and try to measure with it all plugged up. You've got to find each end of the signal wire and measure for continuity. That would tell you if there is a break in the wire.

TheVille9

Okay sounds like you are getting reference voltage and ground. The middle wire is probably the issue. Depending on what position you measure the lap bar in you won't really see much voltage especially with the seat bar up on the signal wire. This is of course measuring with it plugged into the sensor. If you measure with it in the down position while it is plugged in you will see some voltage on your meter. I know it is a difficult location to get to and try to measure with it all plugged up. You've got to find each end of the signal wire and measure for continuity. That would tell you if there is a break in the wire.
You really need a wiring diagram at this point. Surely there is one out there.

Tazza

Staff member
I unplugged and replugged some connections. Now I have the seat bar light on, but the lift/tilt light blinks on and off.
Glad you have made some progress, the blinking could be lift lock solenoid either shorted or open. The blinking should be an error code.

OP
OP
D

dirtpig538

Glad you have made some progress, the blinking could be lift lock solenoid either shorted or open. The blinking should be an error code.
I removed the lock solenoid. It looks ok, other than the outside case is cracked. Don't know if that's a problem, but I ordered a new one anyway. Hope that fixes it.

foton

I removed the lock solenoid. It looks ok, other than the outside case is cracked. Don't know if that's a problem, but I ordered a new one anyway. Hope that fixes it.
It might be apples and oranges I have seen ignition coils that were hot and then washed the temp difference of the water causes the epoxy or plastic case to crack letting water in to mess up winding. I was told only wash a cool machine. Not that you did that, but I did and had to ignition replace coils before. These might be the same way for cracking ?

OP
OP
D

dirtpig538

Think I finally found the problem. Bad connection at the computer plug in. Cleaned it all up and it is working fine.......what an ordeal.

Latest posts