753 G will not start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

muckabout

I have a bobcat 753 G with the kubota engine, took out to use last Monday ,machine started no problem, shut it down and and then went back about an hour later and machine would not start, I boosted it with a truck and it did start but sounded rough on the start ,did about a half hour worth of work put it back in the garage and shut it down . Tried to start it the next day, no go , I knew the battery was going and I went to the bobcat dealer and put a new battery in and still will not start, removed the starter motor and found that it was seized, replaced starter motor and tried to start it figuring problem solved, did not start, put a booster on it and it cranked slowly and the cables started heating up, but still would not fire, if anyone can help I would appreciate it. thank you

Tazza

Staff member
I wonder if you aux hydraulics could somehow be stuck on loading the engine down.
I wonder if it may be an idea to remove the drive belt and start it, see how it operates. It will throw error codes and probably shut down after 30 seconds as it does not detect hydraulic charge pressure, but it will give you an indication of where its tight, engine or pump.
Just a thought.

OP
OP
M

muckabout

I wonder if you aux hydraulics could somehow be stuck on loading the engine down.
I wonder if it may be an idea to remove the drive belt and start it, see how it operates. It will throw error codes and probably shut down after 30 seconds as it does not detect hydraulic charge pressure, but it will give you an indication of where its tight, engine or pump.
Just a thought.
Thank you, i will give it a try

OP
OP
M

muckabout

Found the problem,battery cable lead moulded piece which fits onto battery post, when I checked continuity it was good but I guess that the amount of amps required to start is about 220 and there was a bad connection point in the moulded piece and the cable. thanks for your suggestions.