753 / 763 specs??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mmsllc

Can anyone tell me the official / bobcat width of a 753 & 763; outside of the tires??

reaperman

753: 10x16.5 tires 60.3". 7x15 tires 53.8". I don't have the official specs on the 763 but off hand I thought they were about 6" wider than the 753.

SkidRoe

I don't know if this helps, but our 773 is almost 66" across the tires. Cheers - SR

TriHonu

I don't know if this helps, but our 773 is almost 66" across the tires. Cheers - SR
&nbsp
It depends upon the rims. Bobcat offers rims with different back spacing.
When I looked at my 763C, the dealer had the inset rims installed. The tires were close to rubbing on the main frame. The previous owner was using it for snow removal and I suspect liked it that way for sidewalks and such.
A friend told me to get the standard rims. Increases side hill stability and you can install Over The Tire Tracks without adding spacers.
With the standard rims mine is just under 66" wide. I have about 9" of space from the inside of the tire to the main frame.
The narrowest you could possibly get is about 58". Which is about the distance from head to head of the axle bolts. With those inset rims the tire track was narrower, but the bolts stuck out beyond the rims.

OP
OP
M

mmsllc

&nbsp
It depends upon the rims. Bobcat offers rims with different back spacing.
When I looked at my 763C, the dealer had the inset rims installed. The tires were close to rubbing on the main frame. The previous owner was using it for snow removal and I suspect liked it that way for sidewalks and such.
A friend told me to get the standard rims. Increases side hill stability and you can install Over The Tire Tracks without adding spacers.
With the standard rims mine is just under 66" wide. I have about 9" of space from the inside of the tire to the main frame.
The narrowest you could possibly get is about 58". Which is about the distance from head to head of the axle bolts. With those inset rims the tire track was narrower, but the bolts stuck out beyond the rims.
Ok. Thanks guys for all of the replies. I'm trying to determine if my 753 will fit through a 60" gate. If it will not, I might have to remove a fence post & at that point, I'd rather use my 763 due to it's heavier capacity & it also seems like it might be even easier with the even larger 863. At that point, reducing labor time is the main goal. I suppose removing just one fence post is worth doing for the added margin of clearance. I just barely got my 328 excavator in the back yard to begin installing drain lines. Again, thanks for the responses. (FYI, I keep / store my machines at a farm about 25 miles away from home; hence having to ask for the measurements!!)