743B tilt cyl rod end worn out

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wbecker319

The tilt cylinder rod end is very worn. The pin has some wear as do the holes for the pin in the Bob-Tach frame.
My main concern is the wear in the tilt cylinder rod end, I assume there is no bushing as the parts book does not show one. I could make a bushing to fit except that the hole is not round, so that won't work.
Anyone have a way to fix this, other than take the cylinder to a machine shop and have the rod end bored out for a new bushing?

OldMachinist

The only good way is to bore it out and bush it. I'm sure there's somebody near you with a mill in their garage/shop that can bore it for you. I'd do it for you but I'm about 125 miles away.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, that's what I thought.
The only other option from what OM suggested is to make a new end for the rod, cut the old one off and weld a new one on. This will only work for the end of the rod, not the back of the cylinder though.
I have actually machined out worn ram ends with my mill and made new bushings. If you have the gear it's easy, you just need to make friends and bribe them with beer (after the work is done of course).