743b Leaking hydraulic hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

december45

On my 743b I have a hydraulic leak, it appears to be coming from one of the hoses that connects to the pump. When you pull the cab up and look into the pump area from the right side of the 743b it is the front hose where there are two hose midway on the pump. The leaking hose appears to be routed to the right and down near the area between the front and rear wheels on the inside. I am thinking that removing the black metal covers on the OUTside of the 743b it would give me access to the lower hose connection. I am wondering if there are any instructions or hints on how to remove these covers or if they even come off. I can see that the hose is wet and oily about half way between the connectors, and I believe that replacing the hose will fix the leak. Any and all comments are welcomed Thanks

OP
OP
D

december45

Doesn't anyone know about the black side plates on the 743b bobcat skid steer, is the question too dumb? I could sure use some help here.

OP
OP
D

december45

Doesn't anyone know about the black side plates on the 743b bobcat skid steer, is the question too dumb? I could sure use some help here.
Maybe this should be in the skid steer forum, could the moderator check and see if I should repost or maybe it could be moved to the other section?

flyerdan

Maybe this should be in the skid steer forum, could the moderator check and see if I should repost or maybe it could be moved to the other section?
You're in the right section, this forum just doesn't get the traffic like TbN does, for instance, but someone will be along as it's the weekend.
I took a look in the book, and there is a motor cover that needs to come off, but it appears that the hoses are routed from above. At any rate, the cover needs to come off to get at the fittings, maybe the hose is routed through from above. If that's the case, I'd tie a strong string on it before removing it from the top so it would be easier to guide the replacement into position.

OP
OP
D

december45

You're in the right section, this forum just doesn't get the traffic like TbN does, for instance, but someone will be along as it's the weekend.
I took a look in the book, and there is a motor cover that needs to come off, but it appears that the hoses are routed from above. At any rate, the cover needs to come off to get at the fittings, maybe the hose is routed through from above. If that's the case, I'd tie a strong string on it before removing it from the top so it would be easier to guide the replacement into position.
Does your book say anything about how the cover comes off? I couldnt see any screws or bolts to hold it on, it kind of looks like its pressed on, but I dont want to pry on anything until i know how it is attached. Thanks for your reply i appreciate your help

flyerdan

Does your book say anything about how the cover comes off? I couldnt see any screws or bolts to hold it on, it kind of looks like its pressed on, but I dont want to pry on anything until i know how it is attached. Thanks for your reply i appreciate your help
The book doesn't offer much help, but the illustration indicates that there are 4 mounting bolts at the bottom. The parts book indicates seal strips that help to bond it to the rest of the chassis.

text

OP
OP
D

december45

The book doesn't offer much help, but the illustration indicates that there are 4 mounting bolts at the bottom. The parts book indicates seal strips that help to bond it to the rest of the chassis.
Thanks for the picture I think that will help me a ton. Thanks again for your help

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the picture I think that will help me a ton. Thanks again for your help
Sadly i don't get time to get on the forum as much as i used to, weekends are generally out for me.
Does this hose look ilke it connects to the bottom of the control block? If so, this hose is prone to leaking over time, it takes a tight turn and cracks with age and leaks.
If this is the hose, sadly it's hard to get to, the best way is to get a cheap spanner and cut it down to fit in there, it's not fun at all.

Rickey

Having a problem getting to the hydraulic line hooked on the boom. Hose that goes back into the motor

jp8775

You will have to put hose on the motor first do not route the hose to the block yet you need to turn the hose as there is no swivel on the motor end, this will take two people. Its hard to get it lined up and turn it at the same time. I made a tool out of wood that goes to the hydro unit and holds the hose in the correct position, it has a V in it that goes on the hose. This really helps to get that hose on.