743B broken flywheel fins big deal?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lancinator

New guy here, I have a 743 and the coupling broke between the engine and pump. The old 1702 is pretty well whipped with 4600 hours and it, so since I had to pull it I'm going to put a 2203 back in. I didn't know about greasing it till I read it on this forum. When I exploded it broke several of the fins on the flywheel. Is this a big deal? I know it will obviously affect the balance of things but this is any engine that really doesn't run a high RPM. I would rather not have them broken I just don't know where to get one reasonably priced. I saw a used one all rusted up on ebay for $230. Can someone give me some advice?

jerry

Buy the one on ebay before it's gone
there is a thread here somewhere from a guy that took his to a machine shop and they took out what was needed and balanced it and it worked fine. If the one for 230 is complete it would be a deal.

OP
OP
L

lancinator

there is a thread here somewhere from a guy that took his to a machine shop and they took out what was needed and balanced it and it worked fine. If the one for 230 is complete it would be a deal.
I took at antfarmer2's advice. I bought the one that I saw on ebay. Thnx