743 steering centering linkage hub

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nerker

Hello, I had to get to the left side hydrostatic pump to tighten one of the large hydraulic motor fittings from leaking at the pump. To get access, I removed the centering bracket and the front hub that holds the teflon bushing. Not a fun repair! Anyway, the hub (#6562063) is keyed and went on easily when I was putting everything back together. Now,I find the hub is working itself off the pintle shaft and I do not see any type of clip or retainer to keep it in place. I checked both the service and parts manual for a part I may be missing, but can't determine what retains the hub other than the key. Anybody have an idea to fix this annoying situation? Hope Tazza is listening as he has corrected past issues with my old 743. Thanks, Tom

Tazza

Staff member
I'm still lurking :)
Can you try and give a little more detail on what is working it's way loose? I'm not sure what you are calling a hub actually is. All the parts that hold the nylon guide in place are clamped in place when you tighten the bolt on the pintle arm that locks everything into place.
If you can even get some pictures would be a help. Look up my profile and send me an email.

OP
OP
N

nerker

I'm still lurking :)
Can you try and give a little more detail on what is working it's way loose? I'm not sure what you are calling a hub actually is. All the parts that hold the nylon guide in place are clamped in place when you tighten the bolt on the pintle arm that locks everything into place.
If you can even get some pictures would be a help. Look up my profile and send me an email.
Thanks Tazza for the reply. Sorry for not being clear. The parts manual calls the part a "hub". It is the bushing the nylon guide inner diameter rides on which is keyed to the pintle shaft. The hub has an outer flange which seems to help retain guide. It can be pressed on and off. I see no retainer other than the key way to prevent the hub from moving outward on the shaft. Maybe I am just seeing wear in the key way which allow the Bushing to move out? I will try and take a picture tomorrow to help identify part. Tom