743 Safety Bar Attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pondfishr

Does anyone have an idea who would carry the safety bar mounting hardware. I purchased the bar from Bobcat but they wanted an arm and a leg for the mounting kit. I thought someone here in the forum might have one on an older machine to part out.

Tazza

Staff member
The mounting hardware is very simple, you really could cut your own if you have basic tools. If you feel you could do it, just let me know and i can pull mine out and trace them for you. You will need to buy the springs at all of $2 each but the rest is just 1/8" plate with a bend and the large plate is no more than 1/4" and does not need to be EXACT to work.
Let me know if you want it.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

The mounting hardware is very simple, you really could cut your own if you have basic tools. If you feel you could do it, just let me know and i can pull mine out and trace them for you. You will need to buy the springs at all of $2 each but the rest is just 1/8" plate with a bend and the large plate is no more than 1/4" and does not need to be EXACT to work.
Let me know if you want it.
Right now I have a bolt in the bar through the cab and no spring. It wont stay raised up so I use a bungee cord to tie it up when not in use. When I bought the machine it didn't have a bar at all. I purchased the one that I have now from Bobcat here locally. If it's not a big deal to send the trace I would appreciate it.

Tazza

Staff member
Right now I have a bolt in the bar through the cab and no spring. It wont stay raised up so I use a bungee cord to tie it up when not in use. When I bought the machine it didn't have a bar at all. I purchased the one that I have now from Bobcat here locally. If it's not a big deal to send the trace I would appreciate it.
Sure, i will try to get to it today, i don't have a digital camera though or better yet a scanner so i'll just have to use my mobile phone. The quality will be poor but hopefully it will give you the detail you require. If i forget send me an e-mail!

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Sure, i will try to get to it today, i don't have a digital camera though or better yet a scanner so i'll just have to use my mobile phone. The quality will be poor but hopefully it will give you the detail you require. If i forget send me an e-mail!
No problem and no rush. It works fine the way it is for now.

Tazza

Staff member
No problem and no rush. It works fine the way it is for now.
Well i took pictures and put sizes on it, but i seem to have forgotten to put a size on the small retainer that sits on the inside. Basically the hole should be drilled so the front of the bend sits flush with the main 1/4" plate, its not designed to sit over the front but flush or a little inwards, its basically a spacer for the seat bar to hinge on, the main block should be able to *float* a bit to get over the bumps on the seat bar.
If there is anything thats un-clear just let me know, you will see a shot of how its all assembled with a welding rod showing where the seat bar should sit in this arrangement.
http://users.tpg.com.au/tazza_/seat bar/
Let me know how you go, the main part is made of 1/4" plate and the angles seem to be 45 degrees. Let me know how you go.
Remember, the angles don't need to be spot on, it has a bit of give in the whole setup to compensate for wear and mis-alignment.

OP
OP
P

pondfishr

Well i took pictures and put sizes on it, but i seem to have forgotten to put a size on the small retainer that sits on the inside. Basically the hole should be drilled so the front of the bend sits flush with the main 1/4" plate, its not designed to sit over the front but flush or a little inwards, its basically a spacer for the seat bar to hinge on, the main block should be able to *float* a bit to get over the bumps on the seat bar.
If there is anything thats un-clear just let me know, you will see a shot of how its all assembled with a welding rod showing where the seat bar should sit in this arrangement.
http://users.tpg.com.au/tazza_/seat%20bar/
Let me know how you go, the main part is made of 1/4" plate and the angles seem to be 45 degrees. Let me know how you go.
Remember, the angles don't need to be spot on, it has a bit of give in the whole setup to compensate for wear and mis-alignment.
Thanks Tazza!! I will let you know how this progresses.