743 Aux Hyrdo question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Doug baker

I have a 89 Model 743 that appears the auxiliary hydros haven't been used. Thinking about buying a small grapple but want to test them first. I know to remove the bolt on the right stick, but was wondering if the hooks ups are standard size like on a tractor rake or disc that I could test them?
Thanks in advance

foton

skid steers use a flat face connector ,typically tractors use the pioneer ball type connector and they will not interchange as is ,sets will have to be changed one way or another to make it work. your call on which will work best for you.

cdmccul

My machine IS a repaint... But here's my pioneer couplers.

Attachments

• 20230118_110211.jpg
    20230118_110211.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230118_110207.jpg
    20230118_110207.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 51

foton

there is a advantage to the pioneer types when a attachment will not go on you can take a wooden mallet and strike the ball and vent off pressure , but you will get some oil spraying out, where as the flat ones do not do , pressure must be vented in another way .

cdmccul

There are even special Pioneer couplers that have a tiny pressure relief button in the tip that makes it much easier to connect under pressure. I'll have to see if I can find a picture later.

cdmccul

Kinda small blurry pic, but here ya go.

Far left is the easy connect. Then next is ball type, then next is the non easy connect... I think both non-ball are called high flow? It's been a few years. :)

Attachments

• Quick Couplings and Accessories_3.jpg
    Quick Couplings and Accessories_3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doug baker

So I haven't been down to look yet but I do know all our tractor implements use the pioneer connector. But the hookup are all male, I feel my 743 has a male and female. Can I just change them out to both female?

foton

if you do you will need to mark them as to hook up so they can go to the same port each time( a port and a hose and b and b), as if you flip them your controls will reverse in the machine at random if you did not and that would be as a operator irratating.

spitzair

Those couplers came as standard equipment on your bobcat, they only changed over to flat face couplers in the mid 90s. They are set up as one male and one female so you can't hook an attachment up backwards. If you do switch them over to both females you should do as foton says and mark them so you hook things up correctly every time.