742b Fuel tank Sending Unit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dfb

My in tank fuel sending unit is bad, any suggestions on options for repairing it or finding a good used one? I could not justify replacement cost{$$$} of new one from Bobcat last time I checked.

SkidRoe

Probably the best thing you can do is take it out, see if it has any markings/numbers on it and see what Google says - done that more than once and managed to save a few bucks a few times.

Wayne440

I have seen other posts that indicate that the sender is somewhat generic. You will probably be able to find a "close enough" part for less money.
My 742 needs one too, but I keep it pretty much empty anyway to prevent theft. Please post up what you find.

[email protected]

Mine is also very erratic. I replaced it with a new one several years ago, and it worked for a while. I think mine is more a case of the float rubbing on the inside of the tank rather than being an electrical problem. Too much of a PIA to repair, so I just add fuel frequently

OP
OP
D

dfb

Probably the best thing you can do is take it out, see if it has any markings/numbers on it and see what Google says - done that more than once and managed to save a few bucks a few times.
I have had it out and did not have any luck matching it up at that time but will search this site more for others that may have figured it out with something generic or close. It is not a big deal not working but would be a convenience if did work accurately again. The sending unit is bad, there is a big section of the resistance strip that is worn off.
Yes, i will indeed post a solution if I come up with one.

brdgbldr

I always find my part number, by machine serial number, on bobcatpartsonline.com and then do an extensive internet search. The part number for my 742B fuel sending unit Is 6568175. shop.bobcat.com wants $94.66 for it. I'm not sure if that comes with a gasket or not.
allskidsteers.com wants $259.95 for a complete kit including screws and and a gasket. wengers.com wants $75.00 For a used one.
Check the part number and do a good internet search.

OP
OP
D

dfb

Wow! Last time I priced it from my Bobcat dealer it was just under $300! Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!!

OP
OP
D

dfb

I always find my part number, by machine serial number, on bobcatpartsonline.com and then do an extensive internet search. The part number for my 742B fuel sending unit Is 6568175. shop.bobcat.com wants $94.66 for it. I'm not sure if that comes with a gasket or not.
allskidsteers.com wants $259.95 for a complete kit including screws and and a gasket. wengers.com wants $75.00 For a used one.
Check the part number and do a good internet search.
I just ordered it from local dealer, it was $89!!!!!! Much better than the $279 I recall from last time checking it. Thanks again!!