709 cylinder seal kit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy55

I have a couple of cylinders on my Backhoe attachment leaking (709) Had Bobcat send me 2 kits Part # 6 804 605 Just pulled the ram out of one, it has a bolt in the end, my new kit has a new replacement nut, not a bolt. Looks to require about half of the parts in the kit.
My question, is this kit for different cylinders, so I'll have parts left over or is it the back to Bobcat?? Rather not open them if I need to return them.
OK Taz I beleive you have a 709. thanks dennis

skidsteer.ca

The kit likely has all the parts to rebuild any of the 709 hoes, so you get some extras.
Call the dealer if your wondering.
I get all my packings from a local hyd shop and most of the parts from many cylinders are common and used in any brand of cylinder. Take your old stuff in and match it up. Often you can get higher quality parts to.
Ken

OP
OP
F

farmboy55

The kit likely has all the parts to rebuild any of the 709 hoes, so you get some extras.
Call the dealer if your wondering.
I get all my packings from a local hyd shop and most of the parts from many cylinders are common and used in any brand of cylinder. Take your old stuff in and match it up. Often you can get higher quality parts to.
Ken
Thanks for the reply Ken. They looked like pretty common parts. Gave me a reason to get on the net anyway. Windy & wet here. Have a good one. dennis

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the reply Ken. They looked like pretty common parts. Gave me a reason to get on the net anyway. Windy & wet here. Have a good one. dennis
I'm not sure what hoe i have... there is no name plate on it.
I too get my seals from the local hydraulics shop, MUCH cheaper.
Bobcat usually add a few extras just to cover other models so 1 kit fits all. Its easier for them to add a few extra seals that cost then a few cents so they dont need to have the exact year and brand of cylinders on the hoe.
The seals they use are very common.
Any problems with installation just yell.