643 glowplug replacement help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a new to me 1984 643 and the glow plugs are bad, It seems to replace #1 glow plug one has to remove a fuel injection line, is there any way around this? Has anyone else put regular nuts on the glow plugs instead of the funky nuts KUBOTA uses for the wiring? A hex nut would seem to be easier to loosen & tighten.
Thank You!

OP
OP
N
Tony, you are funny! That slanty already has a job when needed.
You must be looking for skidsteers as you seem to be up on how prices have risen on them. I gave my neighbor a grand for this beast, it's lived on starting fluid for a long time to get it running. I am hoping the glow plugs & maybe a block heater will help it start on it's own.

jp8775

Save your self a lot of trouble by soaking them with PB blaster for at least a week ahead of time. You break one of them off and the head almost always has to come off. 1 week or longer if you can soak and the come right out. I run the motor get it hot and then soak them again so it really gets down the threads. PB blaster is hands down the best penetrating oil there is IMHO.

foton

I will add to use some never- seize on the new ones. I would try soaking them for a few hours and watch how much torque you are using to get them out if they come out great if not, do not fight them. use further soaking methods.