4840 alarm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wecbob

we have a 4840 and shortly after is runnung an alarm startsbeeping. It is coming from the left front pillar. It seems that if I slow it up or run it faster the alarm will try to go off. All guages including temperature are normal. When the alarm is going off the temperature light on the right side just barely will fiantly light up and go off. The motor usually hasn't been running 1 minute when all thsi starts up. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Gene

Tazza

Staff member
If its cold where you live, it could be low charge pressure due to the oil being a little thick. Does it go away when the machine has had time to warm up a bit?

OP
OP
W

wecbob

If its cold where you live, it could be low charge pressure due to the oil being a little thick. Does it go away when the machine has had time to warm up a bit?
no it does not seem to matter if it is warm or not. It seeems like it is a temperature alarm ringing from the left side but the temp. guage is cool but the little thermometer on the right side lights up real faint when the alarm is sounding. Could it be a bad temp sensor and if so is that hard to replace? Thanks for your advice.

Tazza

Staff member
no it does not seem to matter if it is warm or not. It seeems like it is a temperature alarm ringing from the left side but the temp. guage is cool but the little thermometer on the right side lights up real faint when the alarm is sounding. Could it be a bad temp sensor and if so is that hard to replace? Thanks for your advice.
The temp sender should simply screw in.
Usually they will only alarm if they are reading hot, not if they are reading cold, hopefully the sender shorted and is causing the problem though.

OP
OP
W

wecbob

The temp sender should simply screw in.
Usually they will only alarm if they are reading hot, not if they are reading cold, hopefully the sender shorted and is causing the problem though.
My son and I used ut today and I think the light on the rigth side is an oil light indicatior. The alarm went off again and I checked the oil which was two quarts low. The alarm went off after adding oil but not nearly like before so I am on to something.