4635 sxt will not start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

turbo54

I just bought this machine it was vandelized an gages where broke out. It was delivered an drove off the trailer . I parked it and replaced the key switch and presently waiting for gauges. I turn the key on nothing happens anywhere it has power to the switch an the 30 amp brakers are good cleaned evey plug. The engine will turn over when I jump the starter. the machine is excellent condition. Thank you

Tazza

Staff member
You have power to the switch, but its obviously not going back to the starter. Have you confirmed you have power across the key switch to the starter terminal?

OP
OP
T

turbo54

You have power to the switch, but its obviously not going back to the starter. Have you confirmed you have power across the key switch to the starter terminal?
The new switch is working fine. I by passed the seat switch but not the saftey bar switch . No power to the starter. would there be a saftey switch on the hydrostatic transmission? Could a broken oil pressure ,fuel an hour meter be in line with the starting system? It's acking like there is no battery but there is power to the switch seams soo simple.I will have to find a service manual. Thank you Tazza. One more thing I have the serial number but I cant find what year the machine is.

Tazza

Staff member
The new switch is working fine. I by passed the seat switch but not the saftey bar switch . No power to the starter. would there be a saftey switch on the hydrostatic transmission? Could a broken oil pressure ,fuel an hour meter be in line with the starting system? It's acking like there is no battery but there is power to the switch seams soo simple.I will have to find a service manual. Thank you Tazza. One more thing I have the serial number but I cant find what year the machine is.
It can't be the oil pressure switch as there will be no pressure till its started. Same with the seat bar or seat switch. They generally lock you out, not shut the engine down.....
The only other thing i can think of is a relay or wire/connector back from the switch to the starter. As you said, it cranks if you jump it, so the battery and starter are good.
Does it start? or only crank? Its possible the fuel shut off solenoid is not getting power either, this leads me back to the possibility of a bad connection from the switch back to the engine.
Sorry, no idea how to work out an age. If you call the dealer with the serial number they may be able to help.

OP
OP
T

turbo54

It can't be the oil pressure switch as there will be no pressure till its started. Same with the seat bar or seat switch. They generally lock you out, not shut the engine down.....
The only other thing i can think of is a relay or wire/connector back from the switch to the starter. As you said, it cranks if you jump it, so the battery and starter are good.
Does it start? or only crank? Its possible the fuel shut off solenoid is not getting power either, this leads me back to the possibility of a bad connection from the switch back to the engine.
Sorry, no idea how to work out an age. If you call the dealer with the serial number they may be able to help.
switch was wired wrong. simple for some one that knows what there doing. The seat switch will keep the bucket locked out. I have been looking for a site with seral numbers to find the year of my skidder.