320D hydraulic oil change

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

arlen320D

Hey guys. New to the forum, and I got a question. I picked up a used 320D with only 250 hours on in. It's in excellent shape, but sat outside for a few years. I went ahead and changed the hydraulic oil and filter, just in case some water migrated in. The manual says the reservoir holds 5 gallons. In fact, I drained about 5 gallons out. I thought it may have been low in the first place, since I really couldn't see it in the sight glass. Well I put in 5 gallons of Hydrau XR, but can't see it in the sight glass. So I bought a gallon from the local JD equipment dealer out of their barrel (didn't want to buy another 5 gal pail), and it still doesn't show in the sight glass!!! I kinda hate sight glasses on unfamiliar equipment anyway, cuz it can be hard to tell if you're overfilled. I'm hoping someone can tell me how much the damn thing holds. I have a few other pieces of JD equipment, and know the Operator manuals at times can be a little "loose" with some details. Btw..I drained and refilled with the boom down and bucket retracted.

Tazza

Staff member
Sight glasses can be hard to tell if you over filled it or not, the only other way to know if it's not over full is to drain it and re-fill then you know for sure if it's low or not.

mekabajo

Sight glasses can be hard to tell if you over filled it or not, the only other way to know if it's not over full is to drain it and re-fill then you know for sure if it's low or not.
You can lift up the cab to see where the hydraulic level is in the tank. Check your manual, my 326d requires 8.75 gallons of hydraulic fluid