299D2 Electric quick coupler problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

4sf

Hi I was wondering if someone here could help me. I have a 299D2 that when I try to use the electric quick coupler to try to release my attachment it makes a chartering sound and does not retract the pins. I tried switching the relays didn't make any difference. Now I have purchased the new electric cylinder and the problem is I cant get the old one off without getting the current attachment off. Does anyone know a trick to get the attachment off when the electric quick coupler is non operationall? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You in advance

knogen

Depends on attachment.i usually tip attachment all the way forward and set it on ground.spray pins with lube.and operate switch.in reverse and have someone hit on bottom of pins with hammer and punch.the noise you are hearing is the clutch that protects motor. Will usually start to move and attachment will come off. Need to keep the pins greased If actuator has failed call dealer because there is a recall on them.after failure only.

OP
OP

4sf

Depends on attachment.i usually tip attachment all the way forward and set it on ground.spray pins with lube.and operate switch.in reverse and have someone hit on bottom of pins with hammer and punch.the noise you are hearing is the clutch that protects motor. Will usually start to move and attachment will come off. Need to keep the pins greased If actuator has failed call dealer because there is a recall on them.after failure only.
Thank you will give it a try