287b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

catmantom

we have a 287B one of the track motors locked up, the other works fine, all implements work great, the motor moves about an inch either way then locks up? any ideas???

Tazza

Staff member
If the brake is not stuck on, its probably the gearing inside the motor. You will have to tear it down and see what the damage is.

OP
OP
C

catmantom

If the brake is not stuck on, its probably the gearing inside the motor. You will have to tear it down and see what the damage is.
I tore the motor down, one of the pistons in the cam is stuck in the out position and the cam ring has bad wear all the way around, re-man motor should solve my issues ? or is there other issues which made the piston fail?

Tazza

Staff member
I tore the motor down, one of the pistons in the cam is stuck in the out position and the cam ring has bad wear all the way around, re-man motor should solve my issues ? or is there other issues which made the piston fail?
A good motor should fix the issue. I don't know what makes them fail. It could have been a bit of trash that goe in there somehow, it can just happen. Bobcat has issues with motors with bearing carrier seals failing, when they do the oil leaks out and they self destruct. Yours was a piston, so it would be running in oil, so its hopefully just one of those bad luck things.

OP
OP
C

catmantom

A good motor should fix the issue. I don't know what makes them fail. It could have been a bit of trash that goe in there somehow, it can just happen. Bobcat has issues with motors with bearing carrier seals failing, when they do the oil leaks out and they self destruct. Yours was a piston, so it would be running in oil, so its hopefully just one of those bad luck things.
Thank you