259D3 or 289D3: Which to choose?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Alright, I'll try this again. My last post didn't actually post.

I ordered a 2022 259D3 about a month ago. It comes in this Friday. In the meantime my dealer asked if I'd like to see a slightly demo'd 289D3. I am trading in my 333G and my sales rep thought this machine might feel more like home. The whole point in trading in my 333G is I wanted something a little smaller frame wise, foot print wise and I wanted to get away from DEF.

The 289D3 has roughly 36 hours on it. It's a pretty clean machine. There is a little stuff in upper middle of the poly door. No scratches really on the machine elsewhere. I need the Hydraulic override switch installed still so I can operate hydraulics outside the cab. (yes I need that) The biggest issue I have with the machine is it has a rip in the track. Since it's a demo it's as is with the wearables. The 289D3 will cost me about 3K to get into. (with my 333G trade)

The 259D3 comes in this Friday. It will have counter weights and the hydraulic override switch installed at the dealer for me. It's a smaller framed machine and smaller stance, which was the whole point in doing this. They would be writing me a check for 9K if I went with this machine. (from my 333G trade)

What would you guys do? I am torn. The 289D3 is crazy smooth to drive and operate. Lifts everything I have without any trouble. Not sure what to do. Would the rip in the track be a deal breaker for you?

IMG_0190.jpegIMG_0192.jpegIMG_0194.jpeg

OP
OP
wifi_guy
Alright, I'll try this again. My last post didn't actually post.

I ordered a 2022 259D3 about a month ago. It comes in this Friday. In the meantime my dealer asked if I'd like to see a slightly demo'd 289D3. I am trading in my 333G and my sales rep thought this machine might feel more like home. The whole point in trading in my 333G is I wanted something a little smaller frame wise, foot print wise and I wanted to get away from DEF.

The 289D3 has roughly 36 hours on it. It's a pretty clean machine. There is a little stuff in upper middle of the poly door. No scratches really on the machine elsewhere. I need the Hydraulic override switch installed still so I can operate hydraulics outside the cab. (yes I need that) The biggest issue I have with the machine is it has a rip in the track. Since it's a demo it's as is with the wearables. The 289D3 will cost me about 3K to get into. (with my 333G trade)

The 259D3 comes in this Friday. It will have counter weights and the hydraulic override switch installed at the dealer for me. It's a smaller framed machine and smaller stance, which was the whole point in doing this. They would be writing me a check for 9K if I went with this machine. (from my 333G trade)

What would you guys do? I am torn. The 289D3 is crazy smooth to drive and operate. Lifts everything I have without any trouble. Not sure what to do. Would the rip in the track be a deal breaker for you?

View attachment 2736View attachment 2737View attachment 2738
Forgot to mention, the 289D3 will have full warranty. It's also a 2022 model.