250 John deere skid steer Bucket does everthing but tilt back

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jmducks

My 250 john deere booms work and bucket dumps and holds front end up but does not tilt back. Does not work at idle or high idle. When I take bucket off it wont tilt back quick attach at idle but will do it on high idle. I did switch hoses by the right side front cab mount behind side shield. Then when I push toe down on right pedal the bucket tilted back. When I pushed heel down the bucket dumped and picked front wheels off but when you take foot off the pedal the front end goes down?? What is the problem or how can I diagnose this? I did rebuild the main control valve by your feet with new o ring kit Kv 12882 and still does the same thing wont tilt bucket back. What can I check next? No dirt under pedals and they all move the same distances.

Tazza

Staff member
I would pull the ram apart, it almost sounds like the piston may have come off the shaft or is loose making the oil by-pass the seals.
As you said swapping the hoses, the ram still moved by reversing the pedal operation but the ram refused to pick the bucket up.
My money is still on an internal issue with the cylinder.

OP
OP
J

jmducks

I would pull the ram apart, it almost sounds like the piston may have come off the shaft or is loose making the oil by-pass the seals.
As you said swapping the hoses, the ram still moved by reversing the pedal operation but the ram refused to pick the bucket up.
My money is still on an internal issue with the cylinder.
Thanks for the reply. Like I said the bucket dumps and holds front end up even when foot is off pedal. Will not tilt bucket back. When trying to tilt it makes a different sound maybe fluid moving. Didn't labor motor. I switched hoses and It reversed the pedal control on the right side. Pushing the toe tilted the bucket back nice and fast. Heel dumped the bucket and would lift the front off ground but worked slower and when letting off pedal the front end would drop. Do you still think that its the rams? Or what about the over centering valve under the boom on the right side, the hose I switched go to this valve. I was told its for dumping and holding bucket up or back when tilted with weight. Some dealers are telling me this or it is by passing at some other relief valve? THANKS for your help. Would like to figure this our or eliminate some things cause I ordered a over center valve and a system relief valve that goes one the control valve. I could cancel my order tomorrow..

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. Like I said the bucket dumps and holds front end up even when foot is off pedal. Will not tilt bucket back. When trying to tilt it makes a different sound maybe fluid moving. Didn't labor motor. I switched hoses and It reversed the pedal control on the right side. Pushing the toe tilted the bucket back nice and fast. Heel dumped the bucket and would lift the front off ground but worked slower and when letting off pedal the front end would drop. Do you still think that its the rams? Or what about the over centering valve under the boom on the right side, the hose I switched go to this valve. I was told its for dumping and holding bucket up or back when tilted with weight. Some dealers are telling me this or it is by passing at some other relief valve? THANKS for your help. Would like to figure this our or eliminate some things cause I ordered a over center valve and a system relief valve that goes one the control valve. I could cancel my order tomorrow..
I have never worked on one of these machines, i didn't know it had an extra valve installed in the circuit.
Hopefully the dealer knows what they are talking about.
What happens if you swap the hoses at the cylidners?
The trick is to try and isolate items and see if the problem moves or disappears.

jerry

I have never worked on one of these machines, i didn't know it had an extra valve installed in the circuit.
The trick is to try and isolate items and see if the problem moves or disappears.
I'd go with Tazza's plan and start with the cylinders, simple enough to do , then move to the over center valve which must function as a load lock or load check. Might even be a seal broke in the cyl and a piece is stuck in the valve.

OP
OP
J

jmducks

well I didn't listen I went a different route. John deere mechanic told me it probably would be in the bucket relief or shock valve under boom. Some call it over center valve but is part # is KV26110 cost 260.00 installed that today and was excited to try it to fail. Machine started up and I pressed parking brake off and the hydraulics did not even click to unlock.. Now the foot pedals are locked? That valve I replaced has no wires going to it and the locks are all new on control valve replaced 2 of them. It used to click when I pushed park brake off, now it don't. Need more help now.

veelad

well I didn't listen I went a different route. John deere mechanic told me it probably would be in the bucket relief or shock valve under boom. Some call it over center valve but is part # is KV26110 cost 260.00 installed that today and was excited to try it to fail. Machine started up and I pressed parking brake off and the hydraulics did not even click to unlock.. Now the foot pedals are locked? That valve I replaced has no wires going to it and the locks are all new on control valve replaced 2 of them. It used to click when I pushed park brake off, now it don't. Need more help now.

Latest posts