226 Fuel selonoid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

snowjoker

Anyone know how i can wire up the fuel solenoid to manual because the wiring harness is going bad on my skid steer from living in fertilizer and I dont have the 1000 dollars it needs to be replaced ? There are 3 wires going to it, black, red and a white one. I put power to the red and blew the thing up ! @$200 mistake :(

Tazza

Staff member
Is it a 3 wire solenoid? if so, its simple.
Find the pull and hold wires. Ground the ground wire, connect the pull coil wire to the starter connection that goes to the solenoid, this wire will be powered ONLY when you crank the engine. Connect the hold coil wire to the accessories on the key switch. This is how i wired my 743, works a treat.

OP
OP
S

snowjoker

Is it a 3 wire solenoid? if so, its simple.
Find the pull and hold wires. Ground the ground wire, connect the pull coil wire to the starter connection that goes to the solenoid, this wire will be powered ONLY when you crank the engine. Connect the hold coil wire to the accessories on the key switch. This is how i wired my 743, works a treat.
thanks ! I took the selonoid off because i put power to the red one and had a wire meltdown lol but i can run the machine without it for now but just have to manually push in the thing that kills it on the injection pump