2008 S250 door alarm

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tawilson1152

The door alarm goes off even when the door is not on. I thought it was moisture getting into the wiring harness but have checked it above the door and cannot find a problem. Maybe a wire rubbing somewhere but I can't find anything. Any suggestions? Thanks.

OP
OP
T

tawilson1152

I think a 2008 is old enough it still only has one controller.
I too believe it is the left side controller. I think moisture got in it, either from the headlight opening or maybe just condensation. I took it out and tried drying it in a bag of rice and a little heat and it helped for a while. If I turn the lights on it clears up after a bit, i assume from the heat. If it gets too bad I'll take it out and play with it some more, maybe drill a hole in the bottom. I can disable just the door alarm by unplugging the 2 prong connector when the door is off.

Bobcatdan

I too believe it is the left side controller. I think moisture got in it, either from the headlight opening or maybe just condensation. I took it out and tried drying it in a bag of rice and a little heat and it helped for a while. If I turn the lights on it clears up after a bit, i assume from the heat. If it gets too bad I'll take it out and play with it some more, maybe drill a hole in the bottom. I can disable just the door alarm by unplugging the 2 prong connector when the door is off.
It is not the dash, that is purely a display. The main controller is on the left side of the machine behind the panel to the left of your leg. If you look outside of the machine by the front wheel, you will see the three bolts holding it on. You are getting the door warning with the door off correct?

OP
OP
T

tawilson1152

It is not the dash, that is purely a display. The main controller is on the left side of the machine behind the panel to the left of your leg. If you look outside of the machine by the front wheel, you will see the three bolts holding it on. You are getting the door warning with the door off correct?
That is correct. I just finished using it and for whatever reason turning the front lights on stop it from happening. I will check out the controller you are talking about. Thanks for your time.

Bobcatdan

That is correct. I just finished using it and for whatever reason turning the front lights on stop it from happening. I will check out the controller you are talking about. Thanks for your time.
You make have wires rubbing causing this. I'd check the cab harness that runs along the top left side of the cab and where it runs down under the cab. I never saw where the head lights would interact with the door switch, but wiring is where I'd look first. The controller may still be the root cause. If wiring looks good, get a dealer involved. If it is the controller, the dealer has to program it once installed in the machine.

OP
OP
T

tawilson1152

You make have wires rubbing causing this. I'd check the cab harness that runs along the top left side of the cab and where it runs down under the cab. I never saw where the head lights would interact with the door switch, but wiring is where I'd look first. The controller may still be the root cause. If wiring looks good, get a dealer involved. If it is the controller, the dealer has to program it once installed in the machine.
I did check the overhead wiring harness and found nothing. A wire rubbing was what my dealer thought also so that's where I went first. Then I unplugged the 2 wire connecter on the display and the alarm stopped, so I zeroed in on that. I also wanted to check ground connections, but didn't know where to look. Any suggestions there? Thanks again.