2006 LT190.b newby

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

canamx2

I am new to the skid steer world, actually new to the whole heavy machinery world. Recently purchased some land and bought a used 2006 LT190.b to use to clear the land.
The machine isn't pretty but so far it has been a real beast. I have many questions but the first is what hydraulic fluid do I use? I purchased the Tractor Supply Brand universal fluid but the more I read not sure it is the right one? I have not been able to find a lot of information on this machine online.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

foton

every manf. it seems have their own idea of what oil to run, so you would be best to get a book on the machine and see what it says. UTF might be ok in hot temps. it is a little heavier than aw-46 which is used a lot. Let me say this I think if your existing oil is contaminated with what ever, I would use it as a flush oil to be run for a short amount of time change, all filters then put the suggested oil in there.

Shanmar

Attached is from my L185 owners manual. It also covers the C190 which is one model newer than yours, but very similar. I can tell you the the LX and LS series which are older than yours also called for 10W-30 engine oil.

Attachments

• 20230201_015923.jpg
    20230201_015923.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 48

Jim A

I have used 10w-30 in my 1994 L785 since new..
Has 7000 hours best machine I ever owned never breaks down no electronics either.
Water in hydraulic and chain case has been a issue . I sealed it up stopped most moisture.

mrbb

just food for thought, since this is not a NEW machine and you have NOT been the owner since new,
you may want to consider this,
since you do NOT know what fluid is in the system now, maybe worth DRAINING it and starting with All or mostly all of one fluid you DO know is in use
many of these older machines as stated called for 10w-30 oil and not hydraulic fluid, But as time and owners changed, many STOPPED using 10w30, due to either not knowing better or didn;'t care to look
which can lead to a lot of different fluids being mixed,
so some times, the better plan is, to drain, refill with correct fluid (new filter as well) and then you KNOW things are right!
this also give you a chance to view what the fluid looks like, (as in dirty, very dirty, water in it or??) and that can help you gain insight on some things,as well as when to maybe do a second change??,
as IMO< , as I gather you bought this with hopes of it lasting a long time for you>>
plus, ???
peace of mind has some value, knopwing something is right, or does to me!

and last, you can simply call a good dealer, give VIN number and they can tell you exactly what fluid it takes and how much?
and then again go from there