2005 Bobcat 463 won't move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Justlearning

Help! I have a 2005 Bobcat 463 loader. I've had it for 17 years. Im 2nd owner. Bought it with 533 hours. Use it very little. Has 983 hours on it. The last 5 or 6 times wanting to use it, it wouldn't move until I moved the levers back and forth 8 or 9 times. It was as though the wheels were siezed up and needed to be broke loose. After sitting about 8 months, it won't move at all. Not even a 1/16th of an inch. When I move the drive levers the engine boggs down to almost stalling. I can hear the hydraulics loading up. But wheels won't turn. The dipstick shows hydraulic fluid is full. Put on new filter. Worked good for one use. Then froze up again on next use. It's as though there is a hydrostatic drive system blockage. Does anyone have any ideas? I talked to a JD skidsteer mechanic that hasn't worked on Bobcat for 10 years and he was stumped. Said there isn't alot of info available on the 463 mini loader.

Markle

I don't have your model skidsteer but I looked at the parts diagrams on the bobcat site and it seems to have a solenoid activated brake. By your excellent description, it sounds like the brakes are locked on full time and not releasing. I would pull that solenoid and test it. Or see if it moves without the solenoid. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Justlearning

I don't have your model skidsteer but I looked at the parts diagrams on the bobcat site and it seems to have a solenoid activated brake. By your excellent description, it sounds like the brakes are locked on full time and not releasing. I would pull that solenoid and test it. Or see if it moves without the solenoid. Good luck.
Thank you for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that I already tried that too. I removed the solenoid pin and tried driving it. No luck.

Latest posts