2000 bobcat 773G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

golay1

Hi Folks, I just purchased a 773G year 2000 and am looking for some general advice on the loader. It is very clean, repainted, new tires, and allegedly well maintained with 2448 hours on it. It looks like the 773 series has been quite popular and I aim to put it to light use at my new lake home in Iowa. I do need to add the glass cab enclosure and heat if possible. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The serial is 517611984. Thanks for your feedback. regards, ken

500K_773

Welcome to Bobcat Forum Ken, I like you choice of machines ;) Adding heat and a cab has been asked here a couple of times with mixed answers. The cab enclosure would be easy enough, but heat may be a little more difficult. Hopefully someone you has added heat can chime in here. Did you get the turbo-charged or naturally-asperated engine?

OP
OP
G

golay1

Welcome to Bobcat Forum Ken, I like you choice of machines ;) Adding heat and a cab has been asked here a couple of times with mixed answers. The cab enclosure would be easy enough, but heat may be a little more difficult. Hopefully someone you has added heat can chime in here. Did you get the turbo-charged or naturally-asperated engine?
Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to think I was oblivious out here. I really don't have any specific issues at this point, but I'm sure this will be a valuable and imformative channel for us bobcat owners. The unit is not turbocharged and I'm told has been babied most of it's life. I will not take possession of it until this coming weekend....watch out...If anyone could share their knowledge regarding addition of the cab enclosure and heater to this unit, I'd be very grateful. I had hoped to buy one already equiped with cab/heat but uncle Sam took more than I had planned. Thanks in advance for any help here. best regards, ken

500K_773

Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to think I was oblivious out here. I really don't have any specific issues at this point, but I'm sure this will be a valuable and imformative channel for us bobcat owners. The unit is not turbocharged and I'm told has been babied most of it's life. I will not take possession of it until this coming weekend....watch out...If anyone could share their knowledge regarding addition of the cab enclosure and heater to this unit, I'd be very grateful. I had hoped to buy one already equiped with cab/heat but uncle Sam took more than I had planned. Thanks in advance for any help here. best regards, ken
Ken,
I don't know if this is the first Bobcat machine you have owned, but there may be a couple of items you may want to know about before purchasing. All machines are not equipped with auxilliary control kit. This allows electric over hydraulic control of some attachments, ie.: 6-way dozer blade, soil conditioner, etc... Basic attachments that only require on and off hydraulic flow will work without this kit. I don't know how much it is to add this option, but you may look to see if the machine you are purchasing already has it.
The service manual is a great addition to any machine. Well worth the $30-$50 it may cost. Check with you local dealer for availability.
If any service records are available be sure to get them. Change any fluids and filters which may be past the service interval to ensure longevity of the machine. Maintenance is cheap, repairs are not.
Most important of all, Work the snot out of it and make lots of money or make short work of the chores around you house. If you don't own any pallet forks, I would highly recommend purchasing a set. They are not too expensive to buy, but are priceless when you need them.

bobbie-g

Ken,
I don't know if this is the first Bobcat machine you have owned, but there may be a couple of items you may want to know about before purchasing. All machines are not equipped with auxilliary control kit. This allows electric over hydraulic control of some attachments, ie.: 6-way dozer blade, soil conditioner, etc... Basic attachments that only require on and off hydraulic flow will work without this kit. I don't know how much it is to add this option, but you may look to see if the machine you are purchasing already has it.
The service manual is a great addition to any machine. Well worth the $30-$50 it may cost. Check with you local dealer for availability.
If any service records are available be sure to get them. Change any fluids and filters which may be past the service interval to ensure longevity of the machine. Maintenance is cheap, repairs are not.
Most important of all, Work the snot out of it and make lots of money or make short work of the chores around you house. If you don't own any pallet forks, I would highly recommend purchasing a set. They are not too expensive to buy, but are priceless when you need them.
Ken I found this a few months ago when I was considering heat in my 751. Did not try to make contact, as heat is a year or two down the road for me at this point. Maradyne heater from Harold Electric Co. -- 811 W. Rose -- Walla Walla, WA 99362 -- 1-800-541-8910 or 509.525.5070 ---Bob

OP
OP
G

golay1

Ken I found this a few months ago when I was considering heat in my 751. Did not try to make contact, as heat is a year or two down the road for me at this point. Maradyne heater from Harold Electric Co. -- 811 W. Rose -- Walla Walla, WA 99362 -- 1-800-541-8910 or 509.525.5070 ---Bob
Hi again, Thanks for your reply and input. This is my first bobcat although I spent a summer in the 70's running one of these guys. I can't remember what model it was, but I loved it and now that I'm nearly grown up...I want to relive these days. I checked with Harold electric and they have all kinds of heater/AC options. I'll let you know what they come up with for the 773.. Finally, can you give an estimate on the engine life/hours for the 773G? My unit has 2448 hours but runs like a top. I know there are many factors involved, but is there a general rule for life expectancy? Thanks much, ken

Tazza

Staff member
Hi again, Thanks for your reply and input. This is my first bobcat although I spent a summer in the 70's running one of these guys. I can't remember what model it was, but I loved it and now that I'm nearly grown up...I want to relive these days. I checked with Harold electric and they have all kinds of heater/AC options. I'll let you know what they come up with for the 773.. Finally, can you give an estimate on the engine life/hours for the 773G? My unit has 2448 hours but runs like a top. I know there are many factors involved, but is there a general rule for life expectancy? Thanks much, ken
With proper care and maintenance, your investment should last quite a few thousand more hours. Keep your hydraulic/hydrostatic oil clean, change the filters as per your instruction manual (i believe this to be 250 hours). Change your hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid after 1000 hours. Engine oil and filter should be changed every 50 hours my manual says, this seems a bit low to me.... I would check up on this. Keep an eye on your cooling system's fluids too, this is probably the most important thing, as if the engine over heats it can cause a lot of expensive engine damage. My first bobcat was an old 731, it has had an un-known number of previous owners. The hour meter hasn't been working since i got it, it read about 2000 hours and i am sure it had been around the clock at least once (10,000 hours). The engine was replaced by the previous owner, other than that the hydraulic/hydrostatic system is still in top shape even after all that work. I believe the only thing that really should wear out would be the engine, but this will take quite a bit of time to do. Just keep your services up to date and i am sure you will get quite a few thousand hours out of it.