1845c

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jbo636

My brother sold me one of his 1845's, I was looking into purchasing a grapple bucket for clearing brush, but found out it does not have the aux connection. Is there any way around this without spending a arm and leg for the pumps and connections.

Tazza

Staff member
I would star by checking that the aux spool is not there and just not connected or plumbed. Have a look, it may be as simple as a set of hoses and a linkage.

OP
OP
J

jbo636

I would star by checking that the aux spool is not there and just not connected or plumbed. Have a look, it may be as simple as a set of hoses and a linkage.
On my brothers 1845c it has the aux connection on the left arm, but I don't recall seeing it on the one I purchase from him, but i will take another look. If it doesn't tazza you think it may just need hoses. where does the aux connectors route from? Is it a extra pump.

OP
OP
J

jbo636

On my brothers 1845c it has the aux connection on the left arm, but I don't recall seeing it on the one I purchase from him, but i will take another look. If it doesn't tazza you think it may just need hoses. where does the aux connectors route from? Is it a extra pump.
c'mon someone got to know something they could add

Tazza

Staff member
c'mon someone got to know something they could add
You need to look at your control block. This should be under the cab, not sure how you lift it on your machine but it can be done. Lift it and move your lift and tilt to work our what linkages are in use on the control block. With a bit of luck, you will have one section that is not being used, this will be your aux lines that you should be able to hook up a set of tube lines or hoses to.
Your spools are the bits that move back and forth in the block, these control quantity and direction of the oil. Worst case, if there is no connections for the aux section, you should be able to plumb in a control if your control block has power beyond ports.

jerry

You need to look at your control block. This should be under the cab, not sure how you lift it on your machine but it can be done. Lift it and move your lift and tilt to work our what linkages are in use on the control block. With a bit of luck, you will have one section that is not being used, this will be your aux lines that you should be able to hook up a set of tube lines or hoses to.
Your spools are the bits that move back and forth in the block, these control quantity and direction of the oil. Worst case, if there is no connections for the aux section, you should be able to plumb in a control if your control block has power beyond ports.
Can't you just follow your brothers aux lines back to where they originate take a few pictures and go home to see if your machine is similar or if you have a completely different control block?

skidsteer.ca

Can't you just follow your brothers aux lines back to where they originate take a few pictures and go home to see if your machine is similar or if you have a completely different control block?
It would use the same pump, You definitely have that.
The linkages from your steering levers that run the boom ( NOT the wheels, the side to side ones for the loader boom) are each hooked to a different spool (or valve "section" as they are often called) in the "hydraulic control valve" there is a spool to lift and lower the boom, another spool to dump and curl back the bucket, and hopefully in your case there will be a 3rd spool that is sitting idle, the factory conected these to a foot pedal to run the couplers if I'm not mistaken on my Case trivia.
If you have the spool or 3rd valve section, you may just need to make a way of moving it, ie foot pedal linkage, and to run hydraulic hoses from it to the loader arms and put quick couplers on the end.
If you don't have a 3rd spool, you need to add one to your valve or get a different valve that has a 3rd spool. You could check with Case on these parts, or go to a local shop that specializes in repairing hydraulics.
If that is not possible you could talk to someplace like www.supluscenter.com to see if they have a electric valve that they could help you plumb into the system and hook that to couplers.
In the situaltion of adding a extra valve after the factory one, the Factory valve would need to have a "power beyond" in it so you can creat pressure in the line that used to return oil to the reservoir at (almost) no pressure.
Hope that helps
Ken

OP
OP
J

jbo636

It would use the same pump, You definitely have that.
The linkages from your steering levers that run the boom ( NOT the wheels, the side to side ones for the loader boom) are each hooked to a different spool (or valve "section" as they are often called) in the "hydraulic control valve" there is a spool to lift and lower the boom, another spool to dump and curl back the bucket, and hopefully in your case there will be a 3rd spool that is sitting idle, the factory conected these to a foot pedal to run the couplers if I'm not mistaken on my Case trivia.
If you have the spool or 3rd valve section, you may just need to make a way of moving it, ie foot pedal linkage, and to run hydraulic hoses from it to the loader arms and put quick couplers on the end.
If you don't have a 3rd spool, you need to add one to your valve or get a different valve that has a 3rd spool. You could check with Case on these parts, or go to a local shop that specializes in repairing hydraulics.
If that is not possible you could talk to someplace like www.supluscenter.com to see if they have a electric valve that they could help you plumb into the system and hook that to couplers.
In the situaltion of adding a extra valve after the factory one, the Factory valve would need to have a "power beyond" in it so you can creat pressure in the line that used to return oil to the reservoir at (almost) no pressure.
Hope that helps
Ken
Thanx for all your suggestion. How would I know if it has a power beyond in it. where would I need to look.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanx for all your suggestion. How would I know if it has a power beyond in it. where would I need to look.
Its really hard to say, they should be marked *PB*. I have never fiddled with using them, but i know they exist on some control blocks, but may not be on them all.
I would start by checking if your control block has 2 or 3 spools. If it has 3, you don't need to worry as you have the section required already. I wonder if you can plumb in an electric solenoid to control it. I see it being a far easier option than adding another control block and working out linkages.

OP
OP
J

jbo636

Its really hard to say, they should be marked *PB*. I have never fiddled with using them, but i know they exist on some control blocks, but may not be on them all.
I would start by checking if your control block has 2 or 3 spools. If it has 3, you don't need to worry as you have the section required already. I wonder if you can plumb in an electric solenoid to control it. I see it being a far easier option than adding another control block and working out linkages.
i'm not for sure what year my skid is but I no from my brother that it is a old model and his is more newer, also his has the foot control and mine doesn't. look at the aux lines running on his and then compared to mine, don't really see that much of a difference besides the foot control, granted trying to view where the hoses where running was hard because everything was so greasy and dirty. My brother did mention that they both have different pumps. his does dump faster than mine maybe do to a hi flow valve. you guys think if I take some pics of both machines and the controls that you maybe able to provide more help.

skidsteer.ca

i'm not for sure what year my skid is but I no from my brother that it is a old model and his is more newer, also his has the foot control and mine doesn't. look at the aux lines running on his and then compared to mine, don't really see that much of a difference besides the foot control, granted trying to view where the hoses where running was hard because everything was so greasy and dirty. My brother did mention that they both have different pumps. his does dump faster than mine maybe do to a hi flow valve. you guys think if I take some pics of both machines and the controls that you maybe able to provide more help.
Yes, some pics of the control valve would help alot. just follow the linkages down from the hand controls to the first chunk of cast iron with some hoses hooked to it. try to get a few angles.
Ken

OP
OP
J

jbo636

Yes, some pics of the control valve would help alot. just follow the linkages down from the hand controls to the first chunk of cast iron with some hoses hooked to it. try to get a few angles.
Ken
no problem ken. I take a side by side comparison of each compartment. I'll try and clean each as best as possible, at the moment i'm workin mine so I'll try and get in some pics.

OP
OP
J

jbo636

no problem ken. I take a side by side comparison of each compartment. I'll try and clean each as best as possible, at the moment i'm workin mine so I'll try and get in some pics.
here a pic of my brothers valve. looks like 2 spools but has aux.first pic it was very dirty, the next pic i tryed to clean it up a bit.
[URL]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/case80_2008/HPIM1543.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/case80_2008/HPIM1564.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/case80_2008/HPIM1565.jpg[/URL]
I will get pics of the valve on my 1845c as soon as I get a chance.
[COLOR=#008000]I tried to fix the links by separating them with and removing the (IMG) from the end but still no luck. Did you open the image in photobucket then copy the image to paste into ssf below?
Wondering if its a log in thing?
Ken[/COLOR]

OP
OP
J

jbo636

here a pic of my brothers valve. looks like 2 spools but has aux.first pic it was very dirty, the next pic i tryed to clean it up a bit.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/case80_2008/HPIM1543.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/case80_2008/HPIM1564.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn218/case80_2008/HPIM1565.jpg
I will get pics of the valve on my 1845c as soon as I get a chance.
I tried to fix the links by separating them with and removing the (IMG) from the end but still no luck. Did you open the image in photobucket then copy the image to paste into ssf below?
Wondering if its a log in thing?
Ken
[/QUOTE]
mess up on the first post. here some pics of my brothers valve

goose

man me and computers just can't seem to get along sometimes. lol
The auxillary valve on a 1845C is a seperate valve mounted under the front floorplate. You can add another valve into the system with a little hyraulic know how but you will have to add the poerbeyound sleeve into the loader valve and a tee fitting into the return system to tap into the machines hydraulic system. The auxillary valve as Case installs them iis mounted under the front floor pan and has a pedal in front of your feet to control the spool.

OP
OP
J

jbo636

The auxillary valve on a 1845C is a seperate valve mounted under the front floorplate. You can add another valve into the system with a little hyraulic know how but you will have to add the poerbeyound sleeve into the loader valve and a tee fitting into the return system to tap into the machines hydraulic system. The auxillary valve as Case installs them iis mounted under the front floor pan and has a pedal in front of your feet to control the spool.
My 1845c does not have the foot pedal, but could I still add another valve. How much am I lookin at spending for this kind of setup, I don't won't to spend a arm and leg.

goose

My 1845c does not have the foot pedal, but could I still add another valve. How much am I lookin at spending for this kind of setup, I don't won't to spend a arm and leg.
Yes you can add the auxillary valve. As far as the cost, it will depend on how much of the parts you make your self or buy from a Case dealer. You will need the valve and a way to activate it, power beyond that you will have to get from Case and a tee fitting for the return to the loader valve. You will also need some hoses to hook everything up. The lines going down the loader frame are steel tubes, could be hoses if you dont want to buy them from Case. could be as cheap as $400.00. Around $800.00 to get all the major parts from a dealer.