1845 wont start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gunner4799

My 1845 was running great. I parked it the end of a day's work. Next morning it wont turn over. The alarm buzzer that normally sounds for a few seconds when I turn the key on now buzzes continously, otherwise everything seems normal except that when I turn the key to start nothing happens. No clicking, nothing. Is there some kind of hold out? I have not tried putting 12 volts to the solenoid because i am thinking that the alarm buzzer is trying to tell me something. Anybody seen this problem?

Tazza

Staff member
Not as simple as a bad battery is it? Tried jumping the starter to see if it will start cranking?

Mike12

Not as simple as a bad battery is it? Tried jumping the starter to see if it will start cranking?
X2 my 1840 did the same thing had the battery load tested and it was shot. New battery no more annoying buzz.

OP
OP
G

gunner4799

X2 my 1840 did the same thing had the battery load tested and it was shot. New battery no more annoying buzz.
I'll check the battery tomorrow. It was replaced a couple of months ago so I didn't think that it could be the reason but even new batteries go bad so I'll check it. THANKS

trg753

My 1845C did that and there is a red wire behind the seat in the eingine compartment that had ah corroded fuse. Cleaned it up and worked perfect.

trg753

My 1845C did that and there is a red wire behind the seat in the engine compartment that had ah corroded fuse. Cleaned it up and worked perfect.