14x17.5 skidsteer tires needed!!!!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ratnutz

Hi there I am looking for some 14x17.5 skidsteer tires. Also just wondering which ones would have the deepest tread and be the best value. I am looking for a good tread design for muddy conditions. Also if anyone has a set of used ones please let me know. Thanks, D.J.

Earthwerks Unlimited

Not so faaaast DJ! First, used tires are likely not to have sufficient tread on them--especially for mud, so why buy them? Yes, you could get lucky. If you're in mud, consider buying OTT tracks. You can't go wrong. You'll wonder how you did without them. I did. I use www.tracksplus.com tracks. Also, looking for used tires is good idea--if you're talking to locals---the cost of shipping and tires could exceed the cost of just buying new locally. If you REALLY need tires badly, consider using medium-duty truck tires. Years ago when skid steers were not that common, all were fitted with truck tires like you'd see on 4x4 pickups---I'm not joking! My New Holland manual showed the variety of tires at that time--none were like the tires of today.