using hydraulics for a log splitter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hotrod1830

Should be able to lock the auxillary to flow, and put a log splitter valve on the splitter and control it there. Just be sure you get a valve that flows what your machine does.

TriHonu

Should be able to lock the auxillary to flow, and put a log splitter valve on the splitter and control it there. Just be sure you get a valve that flows what your machine does.
&nbsp
HotRod has it. You will need an Open Center Control Valve on the splitter, yours probably has it. It will need to have ports large enough to handle the hydraulic flow of the loader.
The engine speed controls the speed of the pump which controls the amount of oil flow in the Auxiliary Hydraulic Circuit. You can limit the flow by running the engine at a slower speed. This will allow you to use a smaller valve with out overheating the hydraulic oil
If you tell us the model of your loader, we can tell you how to engage the Constant Flow.

OP
OP
J

jhatchett

&nbsp
HotRod has it. You will need an Open Center Control Valve on the splitter, yours probably has it. It will need to have ports large enough to handle the hydraulic flow of the loader.
The engine speed controls the speed of the pump which controls the amount of oil flow in the Auxiliary Hydraulic Circuit. You can limit the flow by running the engine at a slower speed. This will allow you to use a smaller valve with out overheating the hydraulic oil
If you tell us the model of your loader, we can tell you how to engage the Constant Flow.
I have a 763 G-Series (SN 512255067)

TriHonu

I have a 763 G-Series (SN 512255067)
&nbsp
There is an Auxiliary Hydraulics Button on the dash panel.
For Momentary Hydraulic Operation:
Press the Auxiliary Hydraulics Button on the dash panel once.
You can now control the flow by pressing the Left-Right Rocker Switch on the Front of the right-hand control handle. Rocking it to the left will flow in one direction, Center is no flow, Rocking it to the right will flow the opposite direction.
For Continuous Hydraulic Operation:
Press the Auxiliary Hydraulics Button on the dash panel a second time.
Squeeze and release the Trigger button on right-hand control handle. Hydraulic flow will be at maximum flow and will continue until you squeeze and release the Trigger button on the right-hand control handle a second time.
The Trigger will act as an On-Off switch until you press the Auxiliary Hydraulics Button a third time which will turn the Auxiliary Hydraulics Off.

OP
OP
J

jhatchett

&nbsp
There is an Auxiliary Hydraulics Button on the dash panel.
For Momentary Hydraulic Operation:
Press the Auxiliary Hydraulics Button on the dash panel once.
You can now control the flow by pressing the Left-Right Rocker Switch on the Front of the right-hand control handle. Rocking it to the left will flow in one direction, Center is no flow, Rocking it to the right will flow the opposite direction.
For Continuous Hydraulic Operation:
Press the Auxiliary Hydraulics Button on the dash panel a second time.
Squeeze and release the Trigger button on right-hand control handle. Hydraulic flow will be at maximum flow and will continue until you squeeze and release the Trigger button on the right-hand control handle a second time.
The Trigger will act as an On-Off switch until you press the Auxiliary Hydraulics Button a third time which will turn the Auxiliary Hydraulics Off.
THANKS! I did not know that "Continuous Hydraulic Operation" was available. I'll assume the "Continuous Hydraulic Operation" still runs even when the operator lifts the bar and exits the cab.

TriHonu

THANKS! I did not know that "Continuous Hydraulic Operation" was available. I'll assume the "Continuous Hydraulic Operation" still runs even when the operator lifts the bar and exits the cab.
Yes the Aux hydraulics will continue to flow if you exit the seat.
You need this to operate things like backhoe attachments where the operator must leave the cab and sit on the attachment to operate.
To move the loader, you can reach behind you and press the Push To Operate button. This will release the parking brake and enable the drive function even with the seat bar up and no one sitting in the seat. I drive from the backhoe seat by reaching behind me to operate the steering levers. When I get repositioned, I press the Push To Operate button again to disable the drive and lock the parking brake.

OP
OP
J

jhatchett

Yes the Aux hydraulics will continue to flow if you exit the seat.
You need this to operate things like backhoe attachments where the operator must leave the cab and sit on the attachment to operate.
To move the loader, you can reach behind you and press the Push To Operate button. This will release the parking brake and enable the drive function even with the seat bar up and no one sitting in the seat. I drive from the backhoe seat by reaching behind me to operate the steering levers. When I get repositioned, I press the Push To Operate button again to disable the drive and lock the parking brake.
Anyone have any experience with this Titan skid steer mounted 30 ton vertical/horizontal log splitter? http://r.ebay.com/6LmFnk

Latest posts