Auxiliary hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

therick

I have a 1990 743 Bobcat. The bolt on the auxiliary hydraulics has never been pulled. I am cautious to do so as I've read the back of that valve may rust and then stick open. Should I just pull it and try it, or is there an easy way to clean the valve before hand to prevent it from sticking? Thanks

foton

clean around the rod as best as you can,spray some lube on it and try to rock it as gently as you can and hopefully it will free up, I had a older machine that the remotes were never moved and it took some tapping with a brass mallet and a pry bar to get it to free up and it was just fine afterwords. Make sure that the control rod connections are not frozen.

OP
OP
T

therick

clean around the rod as best as you can,spray some lube on it and try to rock it as gently as you can and hopefully it will free up, I had a older machine that the remotes were never moved and it took some tapping with a brass mallet and a pry bar to get it to free up and it was just fine afterwords. Make sure that the control rod connections are not frozen.
Thanks

Schultzy732

I have an old Clark 732. same problem. I hooked up open ended lines in a clean bucket, unhooked the drive/control stick on the right and used a shackle and a ratchet strap to pull the spool valve open. It worked opened and filled the bucket with fluid. I just shut the Machine down to stop the flow, tapped the spool valve back into place. Hooked everything back up (including the open lines and everything worked. My aux controls are moving the right stick left to right. I hope this helps.